AA nihms able to drive a spotlight?

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
I have a vector spotlight light im thinking of playing with. Its the 6volt version with the digital switch (3 different brightness settings). Anyway i got it as a x-mas present and the battery was pretty much junk and would only hold a 10 minute charge. Im thinking maybe 2-3 packs of 6 batteries soldered together in parallel. This would overdrive it a bit so thats always good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Im not positive but its probably a 55w bulb? So that means this bulb probably draws around 8-9 amps (correct? With 3 packs that wouldnt be too much of a load on the double a's would it? I figure you would also get around 5500-6000 MAH(stock batt was 3ah). I know people are using the AA nihms to drive an 1185 which must draw atleast 4-5 amps so id assume its not going to damage the batteries Now i just gotta find out if a pack built 6x3 would fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a 55 watt bulb, that's 9 amps. You'd probably want to do 5 batteries in series, a 3 sets of parallel for 3 amps per battery. That would work...I'm guessing around a half hour of run time with 2000mah batteries. You could also try 5 D batteries in series, you can get them at 11 amp hours each, so you'd get around an hour run time.