• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Who is selling "TXOJ" Luxeon III emitters?

luxlover

Banned
Who is selling \"TXOJ\" Luxeon III emitters?

I initially wanted a pair of "TYOJ" Luxeon III emitters. I have not received many replies to my post concerning them, I assume because they are hard to get.

I have been reading that the "TXOJ" ones have a greater chance of being white, than those in the "YO" color tint bin. The "XO" bin is smaller, therefore there should be less tint variation between emitters.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who is selling \"TXOJ\" Luxeon III emitters?

I think you're overestimating the importance of the color bin, honestly. The differences are only significant when comparing emitters against each other on a bare, white wall, and even then the difference between two emitters in the same color bin can be greater than two emitters in different bins. I'd just go for the lowest Vf bin you can get. There are some TWOH's floating around, IIRC.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

If he's going to DD'em I would just proceed carefully with the "H" Vf bins, especially since luxlover's planning to DD'em. And Double Especially if he plans to use rechargeables...and TRIPLE Especially if he pops'em into the light while still fresh off the charger...(and I do mean POPs'em). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
I think you're overestimating the importance of the color bin, honestly. The differences are only significant when comparing emitters against each other on a bare, white wall, and even then the difference between two emitters in the same color bin can be greater than two emitters in different bins. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. I've seen XO, YO, WO, WA and I'd taken any of them in a pinch. When viewed individually, they are all "white". Try putting the warmest one (YO) against an incandescent and you'll quickly appreciate that it's not worth worrying about tint differences.

CM

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto all of the above. I'd go for the choice in Vf before color. Of all, the XO's are my favorites, but all are white when compared to an incand. If you're gonna DD 'em, I'd go with a J or K Vf.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

raggielikes em charlie bimed.

luxlover

Banned

Paul,
Thank you for the final analysis on tint. "TWOH" sounds delectable. From whom can I acquire two of these dainty creatures?

MrBulk,
Luxlover is going direct drive with one 123 battery in his L1 bezel build. But he will be using it mostly with his L1 body. May he still choose as low a Vf as he wishes? If so, "H" Vf bin sounds mahvelous! How about someone hooking me up with two "TXOH" emitters?

Chop,
I question the reasoning for your recommendation of "J" (3.27V-3.51V) or "K" (3.51V-3.75V) Vf bin. Since the L1 bezel will be used with my L1 body, which I measured to be 3.65V after the regulation board, would the "K" Vf bin be ideal for this setup? Why wouldn't I consider the lower "H" Vf bin (3.03V-3.27V)? Would the battery voltage be overdriving it? If I use the L1 bezel "direct drive" with an E1e body, and a new battery measures roughly 2.95V when on, then I assume that it would make sense to go for a "H" Vf bin. Note that Paul wrote lower Vf is better!

Raggie33,
What language are you speaking? I no understand you what you dunn said! Pleeze splain yo'self!

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

Someone sold a bunch of TWOH emitters a few weeks ago. I only got two of them, and they've already been passed on to others.

And BTW, yeah, I think the H bin might be TOO low if you're using rechargables. With 1x123, it should be fine.

luxlover

Banned

How much money do these "TWOH" emitters command? TYOJ, TXIJ, or TXOK emitters sell for about $15.

balrog

Enlightened

If you are going to DD it off 1x123, then I'd definitely aim for a "H" Vf bin or better. It is your brightest bet off 1x123 and gives you longer runtime on the L1. Failing that I wouldn't get anything less than a "J" Vf. You should definitely be able to find someone in the US willing to sell you some kind of T**J bin Lux III or two.

BTW, if you can get better, like a "G" Vf, I'll give my left eye for one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

luxlover,

I only mention the J and K Vf luxeons for an L1 head for purposes of flexibility. I understand that you now intend to only run the head on either an L1 or in DD with a single 123. For these purposes only, an H Vf would be ideal; however, you would be limited to these uses of the head. With a higher Vf luxeon, you could still DD it on a single cell (albeit at a lower level of light), but you could also run it on a 2 cell body using Pilas (the 150 or 168S). I just think that in your case, sacrificing a little on the single cell DD side, gets you more flexibility.

luxlover

Banned

Thank you both Jeff and Anthony.....

Jeff,
I like your "guts" in asking for a "G" Vf bin. If I find a "G" Vf bin emitter, I will help you save your left eye!

Anthony,
I like your Vf bin compromise for flexibility. But I have chosen to get a lower Vf bin and stay with the L1 body, rather than have the flexibility of using it with the E1e body via a "J" or "K" Vf bin emitter.

I just posted a request for Luxeon III emitters on the B/S/T ~ Lights Forum. My emitter request took into account both of your views..... Luxlover's emitter request