Nuwai Q-III and tm-303X one in the same light?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been looking around at different web site's and found a nuwai/cosmo LED site, they list the Q-III as a TM-303X. that's what the e-mail sent to me called it. what's up with that? VDG

Niteowl

Enlightened
Warren's original post in BST has the TM-303X designation in brackets.

I've seen it on a site with a 1w version that looks identical for $39 designated as the TM-603. Cosmos "brand".

However the description says both are 7.75" long, 1w run time as 6hrs, 3w run time as "hours"!.

Mark

Mark2

Enlightened
Yes, the Q-III is the TM-303X and the 1W version of the Q-III is the TM-306X. The lights are identical from the outside and this fact combined with some mixup problems at Nuwai is also the source of the Q-III "seconds". Earlier this year, I learned of some Q-III's that had significantly lower output but were otherwise the same, including the 3W logo on the clip. All the Q-III's I had seen so far had the same (high) brightness. Later, milkyspit bought a Q-III from me and then contacted me about the light not being as bright as expected, even so it had the 3W logo on the clip. But there was something strange about his light: the logo on the top left of the package said 1W instead of 3W. I sent milkyspit another Q-III and checked the few I had left, and indeed, there was another one of these hidden among the 3Watters! Obviously, Nuwai has at one point mixed up 1W and 3W versions of this light. I am not sure if all the 1W lights disguised as 3Watters come in the package with the 1W logo, but the 2 I received from Nuwai were that way. So it's definitely worth looking at the silver logo on the package of every Q-III.

2dim

Enlightened
What in blazes...?!? Getting more bewildered day by day. Is that part of the sales strategy? One question comes to mind though. If Nuwai products are apparently often flawed and they won't replace lights that I'm assuming were shipped with manufacturing defects, why is everyone jumping so eagerly to buy them? Are people simply accepting whatever they get? Seems rather odd...

Mark2

Enlightened
voodoogreg: I don't have any Q-III's for sale, but we are currently putting together a group buy.

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Canuckle said:
Here's a website with the goods.

http://www.theledlight.com/Cosmos-LED-Flashlights.html
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~jg2t-tjm/item/tm303x/tm303x.html

On the second site, there's a reference to 75 Lumen after the beamshot. Is this the measured output?

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

side by side Newai 3watt against ARC4X (integrated sphere rated at 46 lumens) ARC4X is considerably brighter. to my untrained eyes I would guess output to be 30 lumens range.

this is a one sample comparison and should be noted as such.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone tried doing a throw test between the Arc 4+ (which is more common than the 4X) and the Q-III? Or against a host of samples? I know only that my normal 1W Luxeon high-dome went against this and lost badly due to tint (yellow-white for the 1W) and for intensity/brightness of light (I'd estimate 15-18 lumens on the 1W) at a distance of 5'.

So far I'm happy with my Q-III and it cost less than the Arc 4+ that I was eyeing on the B/S/T boards recently. I'd like to see Craig or someone else with one try a little comparison though, just to see how that goes, since the Nuwai lights seem to vary a lot.

L

LITEmania

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I will open all the box and will check.

BTW, also we can check and compare the silver top as well as rear cover of blister packing.

Silver top paper, rear cover and clip, we can check with these three position where model name was printed.

...but still the identification of Luxeon inside of head will be left in question until it opened..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

For your all guys references, I don't know the difference of brightness between 1W and 3W because I bought only 3W. But, I will buy TM-306X and compare the brightness very soon for all of us.

2dim

Enlightened
"For your all guys references, I don't know the difference of brightness between 1W and 3W because I bought only 3W. But, I will buy TM-306X and compare the brightness very soon for all of us."

Sounds good. Thanks.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Cosmos lights
Has anyone ordered from these guys?I found this link on a search and it showed them in stock.The price is ok and it may be a local source for others to purchase these lights.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
Cosmos lights
Has anyone ordered from these guys?I found this link on a search and it showed them in stock.The price is ok and it may be a local source for others to purchase these lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered about that too. they sent me that site, and another. they even gave me a retail AND wholesale price on the light! i thought that was odd.(please don't ask for the HS quote, I wouldn't feel right doing that seeing as this light is being sold on this forum by other member's) I had just wanted to know more about the light, the CO, and other light's they may have.In my experiance as a consumer, be it music gear, knive's or light's, and Being a newbie, I find research to be the best way to not get dissipointed in a purchase of something. VDG

L

LITEmania

[ QUOTE ]
ViKi said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I will open all the box and will check.

BTW, also we can check and compare the silver top as well as rear cover of blister packing.

Silver top paper, rear cover and clip, we can check with these three position where model name was printed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked stock and all is O.K. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Robocop

The prices offered by the members here were indeed better than I found on line.I would like to have one of these but I attempted to get some co-workers to go in on a bulk thing with me and they were not so quick to jump on the bargain.
I am just curious if anyone has actually purchased a light from this company and if so how fast is their shipping?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robocop: If you mean ViKi, many members have reported getting their lights in 4-5 business days after payment is received by him. He uses EMS, so it goes pretty quick.

Robocop

I was trying to convince my co-workers that it would not take that long for shipping however they all backed out on me when I said they were coming from Seoul.
I had many good PMs with Viki and have read where many have had great service with him.I still plan on getting a light but I just hated to purchase only one.If I can not find any more co-workers that want one I intend to buy from Viki.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had bought 2 Nuwai QIII from ViKi (Warren). When I recieved it yesterday, Initially after looking at the blister packaging, i saw that there was one with 1 watter and another with 3 watter which again dissapointed me slightly. However, when i opened the lights and checked it for the output, they had same light output. the Belt clip also contained 3 watter print. Since I do not have any 1 Watter to compare, i do not know for sure about the light output. But, its much much brighter than what i had expected. Assuming a good 5 MM Led (like Nicha T Rank Ones) I had compared the output with my 19 Nichia T Rank LED Driven at 40 mA Each. (760 mA in total) with the 3 Watter the Luminous Output seemed to be same (now thinking that 3 watter being driven at the same current) & assuming the Luminous efficiency of Combined (19) Nicha's is higher than that of Luxeon, the out put was SAME in both the cases. (though the QIII can throw to a much grater distance).. so i do think, and believe that they are 3 Watters in Deed.

One watter will be far more dim as compared to this one.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN