Updated SF A2 led hybrid on PK site (NRA pics)

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the latest version of the A2! Larger head to accomodate 5mm leds instead of 3mm, and the whole thing is shorter!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
pk has been busy, I can't wait till this thing is available!
cool.gif

Here is the photo:

DSCN3912.JPG

Darell

Flashaholic
Thanks for the shots. I was rushing back to this thread to try and save face. The link just happens to be the huge NRA graphic at the top of the page. Didn't see it the first time
grin.gif

I'm loving the nice long clip, but I'm not so fond of all the extra rings and grooves. I'd prefer a much more refined-looking light vs. a tactical-looking light. This will be the ultimate Executive light, as far as I'm concerned.

Spidey82

Enlightened
I am still wondering what is the Long looking thing that makes the light longer???
Isit for rechargable batt???
So if i were to use normal 123a i could make do without that "thing" ???
Linfeng

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spidey82:
I am still wondering what is the Long looking thing that makes the light longer???
Isit for rechargable batt???
So if i were to use normal 123a i could make do without that "thing" ???
Linfeng
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the oversize tailcap?
If so, the reason it's so big is because it is a digital 2-step push button w/electronics inside that seem to take up that much space.

The way the 2 step works: Press lightly and LEDs come on, press harder and 60 lumen lamp comes on also. Twist for LED (constan on) & press for momentary 60 lumens, or twist more for both constant on.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the A2 incandescent part regulated? I know Surefire has plans to come out with digital regulated lights but I wasn't sure if the A2 Fusion would be regulated as well.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Is the A2 incandescent part regulated? I know Surefire has plans to come out with digital regulated lights but I wasn't sure if the A2 Fusion would be regulated as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, both the LED's and incandescent lamp in the A2 will be digitally regulated.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Sean..are you serious about the constant on modes..(1 twist constant on led/push incand., more twist both on?) That's awesome! What is your source for that tidbit?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, Sean and others

The description of the switch operation ia 100% correct. My source of info? Spent an hour with PK this morning...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Darell, Sean and others

The description of the switch operation ia 100% correct. My source of info? Spent an hour with PK this morning...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ted, seeing as how you get Surefire first hand contact, any conversations as to the release of this light as well as others? Any rough priceing info?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
...What is your source for that tidbit?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As always, Mr. Ted Bear
grin.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, I have no clue on price. Its not that I don't ask (like three times a minute). Pk has told me many many times, that it is his job to build and design the lights.... after which, he tells the resposible parties, what it cost to make, and thats it.... "they decide what to sell it for not me"

Delivery? well, its been 90 days since Shot and pk did say that each of the
products were at various stages of production (first time he has said this) and that there wasn't going to be any problem meeting their promise of Summer.
Unfortunately, "Summer" is a 3 month time frame, and so to me, that could be June to September. PK's answer was soon.... very soon

Other than that,we talked about the McCulloch HID

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:

Other than that,we talked about the McCulloch HID
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he say when the Surefire HIDs (M6, M3) might be available? Like this year or next year timeframe?

Summer is good!
smile.gif
A2 is at the top of my want list!
cool.gif