what horror/thriller movie to rent?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I am lookin at renting a good thriller/suspense horror type movie...any good recommendations? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Reno

Enlightened
I heard 'Cabin Fever' was pretty cool... don't know from experience though. Maybe I'll rent it. Also, look at a film (new to dvd, been out a couple years) by the name of 'Dogville.' Starts slow, but REALLY gets inside your head...

Side note: The new flick 'Open Water' is supposedly hella scary. My sister saw an early copy of it and nearly peed herself.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently saw " 28 Days Later " and I thought it was very good. The first two Alien movies are favorites too, as is J.C.'s "The Thing". I think all of these flicks are a cut above the typical schlocky Hollywood horror offerings.

Peter

verbie

Enlightened
Ju-On: The Grudge. a korean(or japanese, not sure) thriller with subtitles. a Hollywood version coming out on Oct. 22 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Reno

Enlightened
Ohh!! If you haven't seen it, rent 'In Dreams' with Annette Benning and Robert Downey Jr. God, that movie creeped me out!! The cover of the DVD still gives me the willies.
Another little-known but very awesome horror/thriller - 'Session 9.' Set in an insane asylum, now vacant, and scheduled for asbestos removal. They find a lot more than asbestos...

These two should keep you up tonight.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two favorite horror films are the original versions of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. The latter film is based on a true story.

Mednanu

Enlightened
Look Who's Talking - Yeah, the one with the babies in it. The movie itself isn't scary, but having to sit through it ( with a girlfriend, no less ) is terrifying to say the least.

unnerv

Enlightened
I'll second verbie's Ju-On: The grudge. Probably one of the creepiest movies I have ever seen. From what I understand, it is a remake of Ju-On: the Curse which was a much lower budget version. That little kid Toshiro freaks me out.

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
My personal all-time favorite is The Shining. You must get the original version with Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall, though. Guaranteed to frighten!

28 Days Later is good, also.