• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Old cell phone converted to 2-LS rechargable light

jashhash

Enlightened
If there are any of you out there like me, then you have an old useless nokia 3390 phone lying around. Well I have been wanting to create my own flashlight and decided to convert the cell phone into a rechargable 2 LS flashlight. So far I hooked up my cell phone to an Eveready flashlight (one of those cheap-os with the big cube-like 6v battery with standard Krypton Bulb).
As I type the flashlight is still going. It has been running for more than 1 hour now off of that tiny cell phone battery. The beam shows only a slight amount of dimness now from when it was fully charged. Doesnt seem like battery life will be a big problem like I once thought. So I plan on.... oops there it goes suddenly the battery went out after 67 minutes. Well anyways a full hour of continuous use seems decent. Well I plan on putting two LS bulbs into the phone and hopefully end up with 90 minutes run time in a compact case, and one insanely powerfull yet compact flashlight.

The Nokia Cell phone Battery is 3.6 volts which may cause the LS to run a little hot without resistors.