2D Luxeon aluminum light; Radio Shack Canada

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
6119012l.jpg

Radio Shack Canada

"This Luxeon flashlight is up to 300% brighter than standard flashlights. Has reliable push-button switch and anti-roll design. Plus it is constructed with space-age, aircraft aluminum and is weatherproof with a rubberized handle. Operates on two D batteries, sold separately. 611-9012 C$69.99"

As usual, very scant technical information on the RS page such as the type of boost or regulation it uses. The price is roughly US$53.00.

2dim

Enlightened
Looks a little like the AAA luxeon star that 4sevens is modding, with that same rubberized grip only apparently not available in the USA. Actually I saw the AAA one today at Nuwai.com. Maybe the D is there, too. You're right about the scant technical info provided. I've found that sales staff aren't that clued in either. Guess their 'enlightenment' has been left up to us, eh? BTW, are you in the Annapolis Valley? I was stationed at CFB Greenwood way back when...

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I live about 16 km. to the west of Kentville, about 3 km. north of Coldbrook in the Annapolis Valley. Farming area, mostly. Nice and dark at night for flashlights, though. I lived for about 20 years in Southern Ontario: Scarborough, Toronto, Burlington. I'll never go back. It felt like I lived in a car. I never want to see the QEW, 401 or DVP again.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's a nice looking light, I hope we get them here in the US.

2dim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KartRacer31 said:
I think that's a nice looking light, I hope we get them here in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Radio Shack USA head office. I could always send you one.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
2dim, Thanks for the suggestion and offer. I'll check into it and let you know if I can't get one here. Thanks again -