AAA Batteries for ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
Greetings! This post may belong somewhere else but here it goes. I am trying to find a site that sells AAA Duracell at a good price, preferably less than a quarter per battery. Any input, I will be much obliged BTW I found this weekend my original premium wasn't lost after all. TIA
Randy

paulr

Flashaholic
www.cheapbatteries.com is a good place, but unless you're buying an awful lot, it's probably cheaper to just buy locally at a higher price per battery instead of paying shipping. And if you're really using batteries that fast in your Arc AAA, maybe you should think about rechargeables.

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
thanks Paulr. I just used the Arc as an excuse. Thruth is I want to buy FRESH batteries a a good price . I do have a two year old. . Toys man TOYS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

ledy

Newly Enlightened
After a few charges you start to save!. And for toys, it seems rechargeables are even better.

Glenn

Enlightened
If you are going the rechargeable route.....get the 15 minute
RayOVac....IT IS GREAT !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Glenn

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along with the rechargeables, you may want to consider Ray O Vac alkalines for items sitting around a long time between uses. Ray O's Max Plus is cheaper and maybe even better than Duracell.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got some Maha 800mAH AAA's and a MH-C204F charger and they both work great. Im gonna upgrade to a 401 charger before too long though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Randytx,

I ventured into one of those "Everything for a Dollar" stores by my house. They had Panasonic alkaline batteries, date stamped 2008 for, you guessed it $1.00 for a pack of 4 AAA or 4 AA which hits your .25 per battery price point. They also had $1.00 for a two pack of C or D size.

So, if there is a $1.00 store near your place ..... check it out.

Personally I agree with the charger route. I'm considering either a Rayovac 15 minute charger or an Energizer 30 minute charger. However, I'm also thinking of waiting for the release of the Energizer 15 minute charger "in time for the holidays" according to Energizer.

Mike

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
Many Thanks for all your reponses. For Storage(emergencies) the dollar store idea sounds damn good. I believe the concurrence is on Rayovac Recharchables for everyday use. The question turns: Where? What is good price? TIA

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best I have seen the PS6 Rayovac 15 minute charger (comes with 2 AA's) which holds 4 AA or AAA around here is Walgreens for 34.99. Radioshack sells the same charger branded for them (of course) for $39.99. But Ace sells them for $52.00, yikes!

Now, having said that, you'll want to compare the IC3 (2000 mAH) battery prices too. But they supposedly also take regular nihms which are not charged in 15 minutes. Regular nihm's appear to be cheaper than the IC3 batteries.

I think the Energizer's for their 30 minute charger (comes with 4 AA 1850 mAH, but can get bigger ones 2150mAH I think) are cheaper and are also regular nihms. This unit I have been told can be had at Sam's Club for around $29.99, I have seen that price online as well.

Moderators, this might have to be moved to "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included". Please do so if it's appropriate.

Mike

Zigzago

Enlightened
Check Target for the Rayovac 15 minute charger. I think I saw it there on sale for $19.99 last weekend. I got mine at Menards (a home improvement chain) for $27. Walgreens has them but they want $36. That should give you an idea of the price range.

I'm talking about the 4 position charger here. They also have a 2 position unit that is a little cheaper, but with the 4 banger they will send you a car cord for free.

paulr

Flashaholic
The 15 minute thing is supposed to work well and I might get one sometime, but so far I haven't felt the need for it. I'm using a $12.00 4-cell charger that takes around 6 hours and that's been fine for me. I mostly use it for my digicam. I just have to either have spare charged cells around, or plan ahead a little bit (i.e. charge a set of cells tonight if I'm going to use the camera tomorrow). It hasn't been too big a problem in practice, at least so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.