My surefire e2E turned into a e2D...........

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well ups should have my surfire light today, an E2D. yes i said e2D,,,,, my unckle picked up the wrong light! he had forgot to bring it memorial day, and he packed it up to send me it and i asked him to read the box for a serial # in case ups lose's it, and when he said e2D i said WHAT?

So i got a black ha-II e2D coming, and actually i am not that dissapointed. i always thought they looked cool, and after a call to SF it's the same spec's as a e2e, will accept the same mod's, so really no big whoop.

Only concern i have is i do travel by air a some, and i think i remember someone mentioning this light may not pass the rules. anyone know exactly for sure? or just as carry on? peace. VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW sorry I spaced putting up the URL for 10 min's
If you looked and didn't see the url you weren't tripping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif VDG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always slap on the very innocent KL1 bezel or an E2e bezel when you fly. The rear crown on the tailcap looks more decorative and functional as a finger guard. I haven't had to experience it personally at the hands of the TSA though, so don't take my word as authorative, it's just a suggestion. My E1e doesn't attract attention when I fly, I pop it and the keys into my carry-on bag and let them X-ray the whole thing, that way I don't set off the metal detector unnecessarily.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
You can always slap on the very innocent KL1 bezel or an E2e bezel when you fly. The rear crown on the tailcap looks more decorative and functional as a finger guard. I haven't had to experience it personally at the hands of the TSA though, so don't take my word as authorative, it's just a suggestion. My E1e doesn't attract attention when I fly, I pop it and the keys into my carry-on bag and let them X-ray the whole thing, that way I don't set off the metal detector unnecessarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

why you sneaky boy Kevin! I do intend to get a KL-1 and 4 so there you go. the back is part of the switch no? i could put another one on if the light does become a problem? do they sell those seprately? VDG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, you can buy the tailcap separately, the traditional Z52 LOTC, or the Z57 clickie tailcap, all with switching mechanism included. Can't be too careful these days with exploding flashlights 'n' all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif