check this out. found from another CPF user

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much would it cost to build a 5W adapter and a proper heatsink anyways, especially if you were taking the body of a 2-D cell light of that brand?

14C

Enlightened
Two D cells can. 3D is better for 3 AND 5 watts. I have a few 3 W and they are good replacements in a 3D Mag. The sale price is the original offer price for the 3D model. I would not pay any more. I bought a few for 4 bucks more and if I had money I'd get a few more at the sale price.

marcspar

Enlightened
The complete tk unit selling on the site includes a 3x123-to-2c adapter needed to supply the needed wattage.....

Marc

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
May be a little over priced... hard to tell. They are not supplying the flashlight body, but what they are supplying is essentially like a HotLips heatsink with the LED already attached and the 3xCR123 adapter. It also includes the Fraen 30mm optic. I'm not sure there is any sort of circuit in that adapter as 9V should be well within the handling capability of a LuxV with a good heatsink.

I wonder if anyone has tried it yet.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Steelwolf said:
May be a little over priced... hard to tell. They are not supplying the flashlight body, but what they are supplying is essentially like a HotLips heatsink with the LED already attached and the 3xCR123 adapter. It also includes the Fraen 30mm optic. I'm not sure there is any sort of circuit in that adapter as 9V should be well within the handling capability of a LuxV with a good heatsink.

I wonder if anyone has tried it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a second look at the notes - the adapter's not included. All they've got is the heatsink, and the LED plus the circuitry to drive it along with the Fraen optics to focus the sidespill a bit. No body, and no mention of it including the D-cell-to-123 battery adapter..

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
What?!?!?! No adapter?!?!?! What a ripoff!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, looking at it closer, I can't see where it says if the battery adapter will be included or excluded. It says: "Uses a 3x CR123 Lithium battery adapter (batteries not included)".

Suggests that the adapter is included, though it is definite that the cells are not included. Best not to assume though.