ARC-LS Story

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
Back in September or October of last year I ordered an ARC AAA and an ARC-LS from Department Services, one of the distributors on ARC'S web site. They sent me the ARC AAA and said the LS was not available yet. They charged me 9.95 for shipping, and on the envelope that the AAA came in the postage stamp on it was for 0.45. I called and asked about this and they claimed that they charged me for the shipping of the LS too and when it became available it would be sent out and the shipping was already paid for. Needless to say, I still haven't gotten an LS from them,I did however,get one from ARC (First Run #40).I seen on here somewhere sombody has an ARC LS second run #500, I wonder what happened to my order with Department Services, I never cancelled it and was hoping to have a second LS, seeing that I already paid the shipping. I should scan the bill and envelope for everyone to see, that all in all I paid 9.95 shipping for an ARC AAA. Oh, did I mention Department Services is about a 40 minute drive from my house, wonder what they would have charged if I lived in Califronia!!!

rycen

Enlightened
If I am not mistaken there was a thread if they where still in biz.With my comment above I was mainly refering to the high shipping cost.Also in no way was refering to ARC or Peter.

rodmeister

Enlightened
That's exactly what happened to me, I bought an ARC AAA and an ARC LS from Department Services, with prepaid mail, and received only the ARC AAA. I'm still waiting, but in all fairness, the ARC websites says the LS won't be available again til August.

I made a second on-line order for four or five flashlight items. It never arrived. When I e-mailed Department Services with a copy of the order, they said they never received the order.

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
rodmeister, In all fairness, I was promised an LS from them, remember, I ordered one from them before they were even out yet, September 2001. I went to ARC'S site and ordered another one, which luckley I got first run #40, only because things sounded a little fishy when I talked to Department Services. I thought 10 bucks was rediculous to ship less than 40 miles away, and when I talked to them about a refund till I got my LS from them they stated if I got a refund I might not get in on this first run of LS'S. They pretty much guaranteed me a first run LS from them since I had my order in so early and that they were going to be one of the "few" distributors. So instead of a second ARC LS I guess I will have to "settle" for my Lambda first run #6 and second run #21
wink.gif
(notice "settle" in quotes, It is a GREAT light)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
if you knew the whole story like i do you would understand.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O' wise one, please share your knowledge with us simpletons. Pssssssssst.............there's that noise again!?
smile.gif

signals

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rodmeister:
I'm still waiting, but in all fairness, the ARC websites says the LS won't be available again til August.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the Arc website now says NOVEMBER...

-Kevin

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Richsrs, there are some inaccuracies in your "story", and I would like to give you the opportunity to correct them.

I will again extend the opportunity for you to return your purchase, for a full refund, including shipping charges.

At Department Services, customer satisfication is our top priority.

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
Department Services,
I would like you to point out the "inaccuracies" in my "story". That is how it happened I still have the sales receipt dated 10/15/2001 with the 9.95 shipping charges and the envelope that my ARC AAA came in with the Postage rate of 0.45. I have never received an ARC LS from you and it states on my receipt that it is backordered and will be shipped when available at no additional shipping charges.I guess I just found it hard to believe that you were not able to get me an ARC LS since October of last year, since you are a distributor, and I was able to get one elsewhere. As far as sending back my ARC AAA for a refund, no thanks, it hasn't left my pocket since I got it. Maybe you could let me know what the status of my order is, my sales # on the receipt is 1791, if you could fill it at the price thats on it, I guess I would forgive you.
wink.gif

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, I see on your site (Department Services) The prices of the LS are a little cheaper than on my receipt, but on the ARC site the price for th LS kit is alot more than I paid.