Best Led floodlight

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
So most of us carry more than one flashlight on a daily basis, often an led light and an incandescent. So i need an led flashlight that's small enough that i can carry it every day, but bright enough that it's useful (probably something around 4 or 5 leds) and with a broad beam. i'm thinking about the x5 or the eternalight xray elite. There's a lot of led lights out there. What should i consider? Also, mention the type of batteries it takes if you think of it.

- Pete

signals

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pjenkins00:
So most of us carry more than one flashlight on a daily basis, often an led light and an incandescent. So i need an led flashlight that's small enough that i can carry it every day, but bright enough that it's useful (probably something around 4 or 5 leds) and with a broad beam.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I carry an Arc AAA and a Luxeon Star modified MiniMag. No Incandescant for me!

Anyway, the Lambda Illuminator or Arc LS Luxeon Star flashlights fit the bill. Unfortunately, they are both difficult to get right now. The Illuminator (2AA) will probably require a holster to carry it on your person, but the Arc LS can be run on a single 123 (or a single AA or 2 AAs) and it should fit in your pocket. I believe the Illuminator is siginifigantly brighter though.

The X5 seems like it might actually be perfect for what you need it for. I've never used one, but they seem to get some serious respect around here. It should also fit in a pocket much nicer than the 2AA style lights do.

-Kevin

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pjenkins00:
i'm thinking about the x5 or the eternalight xray elite.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMHO, the eternalights are, right now, the ONLY flashlights that really make use of the capabilities of LEDs and put them in a EDC package. The ability to dim the light's output, strobe/flash extend the usefulness of the light. And despite being made of plastic, they ARE tough. Did I mention they're extremely waterproof and float? AA-sized batteries are easy to find, even the lithium ones. Add to that the decent battery life at full power and the ridiculously long battery life when dimmed. And night beacon. Don't wanna pocket it? Then you can use a lanyard.

My only gripe? If only they were the same size as the original Model 1...

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
yeah, i think i need both, plus a lambda illuminator and a surge and a srd3 and a m3 and an arc aaa....
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif

- Pete
tongue.gif