NEW CMG Reactor...on sale!?

Darell

Flashaholic
Well heck. We don't know anything about the light or the price, but what the heck, it's 15% off!

Seriously, all I've heard are rumors. Anybody have an idea what this thing is for real? Or price?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scott:
SUPPOSEDLY...these guys have the NEW CMG Reactor on sale! (Although I don't think they've even been released yet.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anybody have a picture of this flashlight so we can see what kind of LED is in there?

signals

Newly Enlightened
I'll try to get down there tonight and check it out. Although I'm not sure I'll have time tonight. Midwest Mountaineering is in Minneapolis. It's probably 15 miles from my house...

BTW, what the heck is a CMG Reactor? There's no mention of it on CMG Equipment's web site.

-Kevin

signals

Newly Enlightened
Heh, I just built an LS MiniMag conversion, and one of the current batch of Lambda Illuminators has my name on it... I probably don't need another 2AA LS light. But I'll try to get over to Midwest Mountaineering in the next couple of days to see if they can actually SHOW me the product, anyway.

-Kevin

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Signals,

Don't bother making the trip. They don't have it....nobody does.

I talked with CMG this moring regarding the battery AA battery compartments. Hopefully the REACTOR will start shipping by Meemorial Day, and the first distributor on the list EMS (being from california, don't know who these guys are)

I did ask if the Reactor is a LS, and the answer I got was along the lines of "no comment". They did tell me that they (CMG) were extremly proud of the Reactors unique deisgn etc etc.

LiteFreek

Newly Enlightened
This is the response I received from CMG on info about the reactor. Not quite as detailed as I would have liked, but....

Thank you for your interest in our lights. The Reactor is our new,
super-bright, single LED flashlight that operates on 2 AA batteries. It
should be in stores in June 2002 and retail for around $32. We should have
it up on our website shortly--we were waiting for the latest images.

ChrisA

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> super-bright, single LED flashlight that operates on 2 AA batteries <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wooweeh ! that sounds like a ls for sure... pics pleeeeze
tongue.gif

chris

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few in my neck of the woods, the northeast, typically in malls. Believe me, soon as I hear word, I'll be there. A luxeon light for $32 though?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds too cheap to be a luxeon but on the other hand too expensive, just to be another single nichia light. I hope that's not it.

ChrisA

Enlightened
so, if it's not a ls what else can we expect ? cmg stated that this light will be about the same brightness as a 2-AA-mag. i doubt it, but maybe nichias answer to lumileds ? maybe one of those mysterious t-rank 5mm leds (although i can't imagine it being as bright as a mag then) ?

chris

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Quite a few in my neck of the woods, the northeast, typically in malls. Believe me, soon as I hear word, I'll be there. A luxeon light for $32 though?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll race you to Holyoke mall. I'll be the guy pushing old ladies out of the way to get in line.
shocked.gif

BTW, anyone have any word on the construction of the light? Aluminum, plastic, side by side battery configuration, etc.?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet it is a singe Nichia with a lens like the impact, but with a DC-DC boost so it can use 2AA. If we are lucky it will have a regulator, but I'm betting it won't.

What do I win if I'm right? I'm gonna at least come back and tell you I told you so.

I have 3 EMS within a 1hr drive of my place.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey wait a minute. I know a guy who owns a small bacpacking shop who knows a guy at CMG. Thats how a couple years ago I got a white infinity before they had been released yet.

I'll give a call tomorrow, they might even have some. They were a test market for the original infinity.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A LS flashlight for under $40?!? That'll be the day....

Eric