Dorcy Cool Blue bulb

dasfx

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this belongs here or in the mods forum, but i was wondering if anyone has found any other uses for the PR bulb in the Dorcy Cool blue? I was thinking about doing something with it, but didn't want to smoke it. Thanks.

DasFX

unclearty

Enlightened
I have it, now, in a little plastic lantern....4 AA's..simple switch. I mod'd the top of the lamp with a piece of scotch brite film. It acts as a little reflector. It's not too bright, but if we lose power, it should run for over a week.

Longbow

Enlightened
I put one in a 1995 Eveready Sportgear 2-Way flashlight. It has a 2.5 inch reflector that when at tight focus throws a useable 75 ft. beam.

wwglen

Enlightened
I used the bulb in a 4-AA Barbie Touch Light for my daughter as a night light.

I had to reverse (Rotate 180 degrees) the bulb holder to get the polarity right.

I use 1800 NiMh AA's and run it from 8:00 pm - 6:00 am. It will last 5-7 days on a charge depending on how dim we let it get.

Works great and daughter loves it. Great for power outtages.

wwglen

wualta

Newly Enlightened
Many of us put 'em in our Eveready/Energizer Arc Whites, replacing the incandescent. Not real bright but bright enough and much longer batt life, of course.

After that you're free to put some nice bright xenon-filled globe in the Cool Blue's body.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As long as you run it on four cells (any type or size, 1.2 to 1.5 volts each) and have the polarity correct, it shouldn't give you any guff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif