Smallest Surefire Combo

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Could some fo you Surefire experts tell me the Smallest and Brightest LED combo I can buy or build (1-123).
Thanks Lumitoid

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... probably a bezel modded with a Lux-III or 5w run on a Surefire E1 or E1e body. Note that a vitalgear body is slightly shorter than the E1 or E1e due to the fact that there is no tailcap switch, only twist on.

If you are talking about stock lights I would go for an E1e body with a Kl4 head. This is know as the TW4 combo as Tactical Warehouse sold them a while back. It puts out a wall of light from a little package.

-Mike

K-T

*Moderator*
If you want to build one the smallest combo with SureFire parts only would be an L1 bezel (either modded with driver et al or DD) with E1e body and LOTC, not clickie tailcap.

This is about the smallest it could get.

When including parts other than Surefire you could add a VitalGear 123A body or a modified ARC LS twisty tailcap, both make the 1cell light very short. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second on the TW4 combo. very nice little light, especially with one of McGizmos Aleph tailcaps and a McE2S 15 ohm 2-stage switch! Long runtime and great walking light on low, and a wall of light on high.

ResizeofP9130013.jpg

ResizeofP9130016.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
Could you please be more specific with your measurements? I haven't seen a Longbow before. Either inches or cm OK. Thx.

Also, is there a way to order such a custom combo directly from SF? From someone else?

Thx!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TW4 is 3.75"/9.5cm long with either the Z52 LOTC or Aleph tailcap. You could buy one of Balrogs BE1 bodies or wait for an E1E body to be sold in B/S/T, a KL4 head, and either a Z52/Z57 or Aleph tailcap fully assembled from Don. Surefire doesn't sell them put together.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Of course, using a Vital Gear 1x123 body loses you two stage capability, but the resulting light is quite small, and fits in your palm. The ano mismatch is readily apparent, however, which takes a little from the aesthetics.

daloosh

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, That is exactley what I was wanting to know.Great Pics Mike

Trent

Latest posts