Question -- Other lights that fit the ARC LS batt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwglen

Enlightened
I had my ARC LSHS dissapear at work. My fault because I forgot it by the equiptment I was working on. When I went back the next day it was gone and of course NOBODY saw it.

As a result I am left with an EXTRA AA clicky and 123 twisty.

If there any other heads that will fit? it seems a shame to have the bodies and no light to go with them.

Thanks,

wwglen

mahoney

Enlightened
The threads are the same as the Surefire E series. But Surefire has fewer threads above the o-ring and the battery sits deeper in the body. You could perhaps set up the 123 twisty to work with a KL1 and a CR2 battery, for example, or the AA clicky to work with a KL1 and 3 @ CR2 batteries or a Li-ion AA, but it would be a bit of carefull work cutting the threads shorter. You could also do similar adaptations to the packs for use with the E series compatible heads the Sandwich Shoppe sells. Unless you really have the modding bug, I would suggest saving them until you get another LS or selling them on BST.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Re: Question -- Other lights that fit the ARC LS b

[ QUOTE ]
wwglen said:
<snip>
As a result I am left with an EXTRA AA clicky and 123 twisty.

If there any other heads that will fit? it seems a shame to have the bodies and no light to go with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The head of a CNC-123 will mate to the bodies of ARC LS lights. They wont screw down all the way, but they will work (I just tried it).

Status
Not open for further replies.