1x123 Bodies?

SarcoBlaster

Newly Enlightened
Aside from separate SureFire parts, does anybody (either here or somewhere else) make 1x123 bodies that are E-series compatable? I want a body to throw a KL4 and Z57 on there to make a small, bright LED light, but can't seem to find any.

If anybody could steer me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find a 1x123 body, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Randy

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
The Vital Gear 1x123 is a nice small e-can. It has no switch, so it's about as small as possible. TAD used to sell them, but they have been hard to find recently. The anodize is rather different from the typical SF color.

Balrog also has been making a whole series of E compatible bodies, including E1 and E1.5 (for a Pila 150S). They don't have a clip or the flat areas SF has. Also, you need a tailcap for those.

And, I'm sure you've seen SF parts here at B/S/T.

good luck,
daloosh

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked a dealer in Taiwan about the Vital Gear 1x123 and was told that it has been discontinued. But now they are offering a new type with a button switch.
I am ordering some and hope to be able to post a simple review.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Get the Aleph 1x123 body by McGizmo.

You can buy it HERE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can view it HERE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is 100% SF compatible !

belyo

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nekomane said:
I asked a dealer in Taiwan about the Vital Gear 1x123 and was told that it has been discontinued. But now they are offering a new type with a button switch.
I am ordering some and hope to be able to post a simple review.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at this page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Cool, belyo, the new VGs look neat, and are still smaller than the E1e+LOTC! Thanks for the heads up.

And Marco, I didn't realize you could get the body only from Wayne, I was still thinking of the Alephs as kits. (I love the McE2s tailcap, it's my favorite switch)

daloosh

Miciobigio

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

More info please !

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 Hi, I got the new VG 1 x 123 body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
As promised, here is a simple review...
Click on images to see a larger pic. Enjoy!

2 Comes with a clip...

3 ...removable with a 5/64" hex wrench (not included). Easily removable, but tricky to put back on because the V shape acts as a spring. Very slight blemishes in the HA can be seen on the tailpiece. Otherwise the finish is very clean.

4 The screw head's diameter is a bit too large, protruding from the profile of the body. When placed in "candle mode", will lean slightly to the opposite side.

5 The tail switch is a "clickie". Intermittent ON available by lightly pressing. Compared to a Surefire Z57 (stiff when purchased, but fixed using Litfuse's famous washer method), it is much lighter with less travel and a quieter clicking sound. Feels much more delicate. No idea how it will put up with long term use.

6 Compared to an E1E/Z57.

7 Different angle of the above.

8 And what all of you have been waiting for, next to the E1e/Z57 is the KL4/VG ..

9 I noticed some powdery residue on the threads, but this was easily removed with a soft cloth. From L to R, Before and After. Threads are smooth and the interior seems to be chemkoted.

Overall, I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will answer questions but I need some sleep now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif Cheers!

Edit: the tailcap on the Surefire is a z57, not the z52 LOTC as first mentioned. Thanks for letting me know Luma_Max /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
nekomane,

Thanks for the pictures and the great review. I placed an order for one of each of these new bodies (1,2, and 3x123) earlier this week. I'll let you guys know what I think when they get here.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That set of 3 would be nice to have for my KL1. I own the E1e and E2e but still I am tempted to buy all 3.

PS09

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics and review.
I and Marco have bougth from Supremco,two 1x123 and two 2x123 bodies,but after a week the status of the order is still the follow:processing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Pietro

Latest posts