Leadlight Greenie

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was at a seminar the other day....

The speaker (who was really good) was doing a slideshow and using his red laser pointer to illustrate various things. Given that this was taking place in a room with daylight coming in through the windows, that red laser was a little tough to follow. It was also becoming intermittent.

I just happened to have my greenie with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif so I approached him during the break and said "try THIS..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Needless to say the crowd was impressed when he fired it up. I overheard one of the guests say "Wow, I never saw a green one before!"

Thanks again, Arnold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Wait till you get your mitts on a yellow laser pointer, go back to the same seminar, and hand it to the lecturer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You'll probably hear more than one audience member say "Wow!!! I've never seen a yellow one before!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I'm very pleased to hear of your success in that lecture hall with your green laser pointer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Myx

Newly Enlightened
ahhhhh what a touching story lol!

Makes owning a green laser all worth while eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like our white 300 mw argon- shock and awe. Not a pointer though- part of our light show.
But when is unmodulated and focused on ONE point, It sure sparkles.

Hey are any of them cheap 5 MW laserpointer greens around any more? I 'd like to get few. Theyy are fairly easy to soup up to 20 -30 MW.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A white light laser should be argon AND krypton.
The krypton is there to produce the red line at approximately 641.7nm. Argon produces multiple lines up to approximately 514.5nm (green), so you could not get white without a mixed gas laser that includes both argon and krypton.
Unless something's drastically changed in the last twenty years or thereabouts, that is.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
I like our white 300 mw argon- shock and awe. Not a pointer though- part of our light show.
But when is unmodulated and focused on ONE point, It sure sparkles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm sure that looks impressive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif