Send Flashlights and Batteries to NYC

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard several times that they need batteries and flashlights for the rescue workers in New York. I think all CPF members can agree, this is a task custom tailored for us!

We could just donate money to the Red Cross, etc. But sending actual flashlights is even better.

The only product that I have is the Arc-AAA, but truthfully, it is a key chain flashlight and I don't think it is bright enough for peering into dark nooks and crannies in the rubble with strong flood lights all around. I would rather spend the money and send a good 3D mag. Nothing fancy just bright, uses common batteries and maybe hands free (so they can use both hands to work the rubble).

What do you think? Would some of the distributors be interested in shipping lights straight to NYC for us if we pay for them? Maybe companies like TTS, Dept Service, Bright Guy, Glow Bug, One Stop Knife Shop, Triple Aught, etc can setup special order pages where you put in your credit card and whatever you order goes straight to NYC. I would encourage the distributors to sell the product at wholesale price + shipping and handling and not make anything above their costs on it.

I can help the distributors with the address on where to send it. CPF members can help by making the purchases and deciding which light(s) to send. I would recommend that we send headlamps or large flashlights that are medium cost (no high dollar lights, a mag light or basic headlamp will do).

I know there are all sorts of charity rules and so forth. We can keep it simple. This would not be a tax deduction because the distributors are not non-profit entities.

What do you think? If you are a distributor or manufacturer, let us know if you would like to help out with this. If you are a CPF member, let us know what lights would be best to send, and when the time comes, visit your distributor and order those lights.

Again, I think each of us can spend our monthly flashlight allowance on a good cause this month. Also, Arc flashlight does not benefit from this in any way (except some karma I hope), I do not recommend that we send the Arc flashlights because I think they are not bright enough for this work. Remember the scene is huge piles of rubble lit with powerful flood lamps. The flashlights would be needed to eyeball the rubble up close, look down holes, work on equipment, etc.

We would need a deadline to act since they need these flashlight ASAP. Also, It would be best to send the lights en masse so they don't have to waste time opening up a lot of small packages.

The ongoing thread for this topic is here.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I do know that SureFire donated 150 G2s, spare batteries, holsters, and other accessories to the Search and Rescue effort up in NYC. Glad to hear that a major manufacture was willing to help out the effort with such a highly needed tool.

Rich N

Newly Enlightened
This thread is getting more action on the LED BB, thought I'd give it a bump here. Just ordered five of the Bright Guy Streamlight kits. Thanks for a great idea Peter, it's the least we can do.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Department Services is taking on the challenge from Peter Gransee at Arc Light. We are making 3 and 4 D cell Mag-Lites and D cell batteries available AT COST. Bright Guy is making a helmet kit available that includes a 4aa Streamlight poly, batteries and a helmet bracket. The Salvation Army here in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is about a mile from us and they are accepting non-perishable items to be sent to the New York disaster area, so there will be no cost to ship the lights. Bright Guy will provide shipping for the helmet kits. Following is ordering information:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Item Number WTC-3D 3 Cell D Mag-Lite $14.30
Item Number WTC-4D 4 Cell D Mag-Lite $14.75
Item Number WTC-BATT Panasonic D Cell Alkaline Battery $.78 each
Item Number WTC-Kit Streamlight 4AA poly, batteries, helmet mount $17.42
[/list]

You can order directly via our secure ordering website at order.

We plan on making a delivery to the Salvation Army on Wednesday.

Thank you in advance, and God Bless America!