in kitchen with raggie revisted

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok get ya some chciken wings some good ones like from tyson cut em at joints becarefull i like to use them heavy duty scisers. then get some haberno sauce that has mango added ..put that in jar i mean conbtaner then add some tabasco and let the wings soak in that over night in fridge be very carefull how ya handle chciken it can make ya very sick wash hands and everything ya use very well then get some good chicken coating stuff i use something flour based and coat the pices in the caoting and then deep fry till there done once again ya have to be carefull chciken has all kinds a stuff in it ya have to kill the germs .if i recall internal temp needs to be 190? then eat it with some honey mustard sauce or with out it is pretty darn good

14C

Enlightened
Blue cheese sauce is poular in the east and it's good. I still like Ranch dressing. And ICE cold beer...:)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Excellent idea! I've cooked chicken many different ways, made hot wings and such, but never thought about coating the chicken with hotsauce and then breading it to cook! Guess what I'm having for supper tonight! Thanks!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
YUM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif Good point you brought up about harmful bacteria and the need for cleaning stuff after you've cut it up. I keep a squirt bottle under the sink that has a 10% Chlorine Bleach and H20 solution in it, just for when I prepare chicken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You seldom hear any of the pro chefs on TV mention what you mentioned when they describe chicken prep.

Yes, I watch the Food Network. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks, Ed.

Britt

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
haberno sauce? hmmm I wounder If I would literaly breath fire then? The chicken sounds tasty, but I had a bad experance by eating a haberno right to the stem on a cheap bet, That I regretted! oh the burning pain then the unecpected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif pruge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif and I lost what was a tasty doughnut all for a $1.00.
on a positive note, the litte red peppers thinges people where avoiding as well I could eat just fine.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
mmmmm, chicken. I don't have chicken at the moment but I have beer, does that count? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For those into the 'exotic', try chicken coated in shrimp paste and flour. Chilli sauce as a dip.. mmmmm, chicken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

As for the beer, I like mine literally ice cold - chilled to the point where ice ALMOST forms. I've clocked a can at -2degC using a thermal probe. Some schools of thought indicate that if you down some alcoholic beverage with your food, it helps kill the nasties. I'm not sure how well this works since I'm unable to conduct a controlled test, so I'd rather follow the advice on keeping the chicken clean.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wasn't on the second day of recovering from food poisoning that would sound really good. As it is I think I'm going to go stare straight ahead for a while and not think about it.

Ooof

Wish I knew what it was that got me. I think it was some pepperoni that had gone a little past it's use by date... Haven't had much more than gingerale and saltines since then, but I'm looking forward to getting my stomach back!

matt_j

Enlightened
Hey what is the story with gingerale? I heard about it few weeks ago after visiting Pizzeria Uno, my girl said something about upset stomach and asked me to pull over and get ginger ale...

Matt

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our sympathies, food poisoning is awful, especially to some of us who live to eat...

Get well soon.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polak187, no idea what is up with ginergerale. But when nothing else feels good going down, it always does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm feeling much better today, just can't think about eating yet. but when I do feel better something spicy and wonderful is definitely on the table /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't know what makes hot-wings so fantastic, but they really are. If you're willing to get yourself covered in sauce to eat them... And when you order them they always come with celery, which makes you feel like part of it is actually good for you! even if you do dip that celery into about 10 grams of fat worth of blue-cheese dressing before eating it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ugg... ok, thats too much thinking about food... gotta take a break.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
Hey what is the story with gingerale? I heard about it few weeks ago after visiting Pizzeria Uno, my girl said something about upset stomach and asked me to pull over and get ginger ale...

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I THINK that some ppl ingest ginger ale or ginger/onions to help get rid of gas. The chinese sometimes boil and drink ginger tea (ginger boiled in water with some sugar) to get rid of 'heat' from the body, so to speak. The 'heat' (or gas) gets released from the body 'naturally'. Just be glad you didn't have to spend the night at your g/f's place (or vice versa) that night? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Sorry, not really dinner conversation here.... so its back to your usual program... In the kitchen with good ol' Ragsta! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok im thinking a something new.. lol imagine me haveinbg a cooking show lol it would be so bad cause i cant even make a hamburger on stove i always burn outside and insides is red lol but in my goerge formans grill i doo so good

Topper

Flashaholic*
Iron Penguin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gifYou could be the host,Raggiesan bring in Chefs from around the globe. CPFers could guest star on the tasting panel it would be fun, and you would not have to cook, just eat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
Great idea, raggie! As someone else said, I love to make boneless wings, but had never thought about marinating the chicken in the sauce *before* breading it. Must try that!

Ginger has a calming effect on an upset stomach. In some homeopathic and herbal books, adding some chopped fresh ginger to hot water and drinking it is recommended for stomach upset. Ginger capsules work, too.

capnal

Enlightened
Raggie, I just now saw this thread. HA! I don't even log on over the weekends, sorry, man! You didn't feed these wings to your ferret did you? Is that what made it sick?

You still da man on cookin sumpin up, though.

Hey, when are you going to post your "raggie cooking for the holidays" ?
I want to read about your roasted turkey!

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
We make the world's BEST roasted turkey! Closer to Thanksgiving I will post our super succulent recipe.

Maybe we should start a CPFer recipe thread.

Latest posts