• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The VIP Twisty Overrun Offer

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Available for immediate shipment!

Due to a wild lathe, I am able to offer a number of VIP Twisties to those who did not initially get a chance to order then ... and at a significantly reduced price!

The original VIP Twisty Offer is here.

Due to the fact that these VIP Twisties are unanodized and too small a lot to cost effectively anodize, I have significantly reduced the price to sell them quickly. You might actually prefer the look of the unanodized Twisty on the VIP as it's just a thin sliver of silver against the black body.
VIPTwisty.jpg

Pictured above is the original prototype. The production Twisty has a 1/4-20 threaded hole instead of the lint collector pictured above.

Price: US$27.50, shipped CONUS. See below for additional foreign shipping fees.

<font color="red">Please contact me at [email protected] before ordering to ensure that any are left.</font> I will close this offer when the quantity is exhausted.

Payment Methods
<font color="blue">PayPal:</font> Please send payment to [email protected].
<font color="blue">Other:</font> Other forms of payment (money order and personal check) are fine, but must clear before I ship. Please email me at [email protected] with your order information including shipping address, and I will send you my mailing address.

Foreign orders: Please add US$7.00 for shipping to Canada and Mexico or US$8.00 for foreign shipping to any other country.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sheesh Paul, you're Giving them away! Actually the thin sliver of silver on the bottom edge does give it a classy kind of contrasting "tuxedo" look. An' ah lahk it!

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bajaiman said:Does this mean that the twisty finish is in bare AL?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, unanodized is bare aluminum.

Well, what about the anodized ones - have they been shipped or not? We heard about the shipper problem, but did they finally actually get sent out?? No one seems to really know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just a passing thought on ways to treat bare aluminum. You might check on the prices of electroness nickel plating. I used to work with aluminum framed handguns and electroless nickel was an inexpensive, protective, and attractive finish for aluminum. It used to cost only a few bucks (maybe more now) to plate a handful of small parts, and the finish is conductive so no masking is required for threads. It usually adds about .0003" to .0005" to the part sizes.

There are several types of finishes. I think the high posphorous finishes cost more and were tougher, but that may not be necessary for flashlights.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:Well, what about the anodized ones - have they been shipped or not? We heard about the shipper problem, but did they finally actually get sent out?? No one seems to really know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

[/ QUOTE ]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif I was hoping to wait 1 hour until I got to the post office at 9am today, then come back to provide a final report that everything had been shipped, but as of now can report only that all single order, non-foreign anodized Twisties have shipped, and everything else is packaged ready to ship waiting on the opening of the post office. Gotta run ... my post office is opening in five minutes.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
All VIP Twisties and AA Bodies from the original pre-order are now shipped, and I even managed to ship one from this overrun offer. Time to see if my kids remember me.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif These are gonna be great, I guess I better get serious about getting NiMhs and a charger.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif These are gonna be great, I guess I better get serious about getting NiMhs and a charger.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd personally go for the highest capacity batteries, though they cost more out of proportion to their capacity:
NiMH_Cost.gif

Is the price jump going from 2200 to 2300 worth it? You'll have to decide for yourself.

naromtap

Enlightened
I saw the graph then excitedly whipped out the NIMH AA cells outa my camera only to find they are only 1700 mah, oh dear - oh dear, they are off the radar, the wrong side of the radar, is it worth me using these, or should I go & get some 2000+ without further ado?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the graph, that makes it clear that I'll want 2300s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I believe Genseng (Wilkey) found that the 2000-2100 mAh AA's have lower resistance, and maintain higher amperage over time, better than 2300's.

Bill

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
naromtap said:... 1700 mah ... is it worth me using these ...?

[/ QUOTE ]The primary reason for using AA cells with the VIP is the capacity increase (though a brightness increase never hurts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). You may as well make the most of the available battery size. My old 1800s are in my kids' MiniMag mods.

Now I'll just have to review this thread and remember how we got from Twisty overruns to AA NiMH capacity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Oops ... guess it was primarily my fault.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I never received my original one. I assumed they werre still being made. I don't check this thread too often. Could you please check on mine?
Thank you,
John

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:I never received my original one. ...

[/ QUOTE ]I shipped the originals in two lots, one Friday, and the rest this morning. Since you're the only person from SC who ordered, I can tell you that yours was in fact shipped.