Jones'in for a Arc4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

Jones\'in for a Arc4...

reading about the Arc4 rev.x issues (switch) and seeing that the Arc4 are available (meaning in stock) from Arc. I was wondering if it was safe to purchase it or should I wait until the rev.3 is available. My gut is telling to wait.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jones\'in for a Arc4...

Id say if there are any in stock then buy them. as there won't be any more being made.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Hmmmmmm, I was not aware that production was halted. Back to searching the boards.

***UPDATE*** As I thought. Doing a search did not bring up a thread indicating EOL of the Arc4. Is it that the Arc5 is replacing the Arc4? Is the Rev.3/Upgrade still in testing and/or is it included in the Rev.2 Arc4, or will it be an upgrade when it is released. ARRRRRGH! I so confused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Someone, please set me straight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened

I think that Hallis misunderstood and thought the LS was being talked about. After the next production run that Peter is planning on doing when things get back in order he'll be stopping production of them. As far as the ARC 4 is concerned, Peter is planning to keep it in the lineup for as long as possible.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Roger that jrunner, Thanks for the 411. Think I'll take the dive and purchase one. HEY PETER!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually jrunner i did not misunderstand. It was in a thread in here somewhere. Somebody from overseas was asking about getting his Arc4+ repaired or replaced since it wasn't working anymore. Peter himself said it might take a few months to get the light back to him as he had no replacements to send as they arent in production anymore.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened

Oh,he must have just meant that they were waiting to do another production run. Because I know for a fact that Peter plans on continued production of the ARC 4. He has stated in other threads that one of the reason he gave it a microprocessor control is so that it would make it easier for upgrades in the future. The statement must have just meant that it will take awhile before he does another run. I'm sorry that I misunderstood your original post Hallis.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well i would definately like to see th Arc4+ continue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it's a good light, i like mine a lot

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why would he be beta-testing new software and coming out with a new tailswitch rev if Peter stopped making them?

I'm sure the Arc4+ will be around for some time (at least until the Arc5 comes out).

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sean said:
Why would he be beta-testing new software and coming out with a new tailswitch rev if Peter stopped making them?

I'm sure the Arc4+ will be around for some time (at least until the Arc5 comes out).

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the current switch design has problems and the lights have a lifetime warranty so replacement parts would be needed, ideally better ones. And i believe the software is being beta tested also as a preliminary candidate for Arc5 software.

Just playing Devil's Advocate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I !@#$ you not, this past weekend the Arc4+ was available (in stock, i should have taken a screenshot) and now it is not, *******S! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif as I type this out on the qwerty, I thinking that it may be a good thing that I was not able to purchase it. I was thinking that since the light is does have issues with the tail switch and the light, if it was really available, was probably not the rev.3, I'll probably better off waiting. But I gotta say this money is BURNING a hole in my pocket.

dsl

Newly Enlightened

I just checked the web site and it tells me that every light is not in stok I tried to call at 2:30 yesturday to order a arc4 but no answer just the voice mail. I dont have any arc's so I was willingto try anmything they might have in stock but no luck. I really want the arc4 any Idea when they might be available?

cmlotito

Newly Enlightened

I saw the same thing as you. I was able to order a AAA-P on 9/13 and received it on 9/21. I did see the Arc4+available but as of right now it is not.

As for money burning a hole in my pocket, I just got back from Atlantic City where I got 2 Royal Flushes at video poker. Already ordered a Tri-Star Phazer and realy wanted to get another arc light but now everything is out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.