Any word on the new U2?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone taken delivery on the SureFire U2 yet? If so , how is it? I am wanting to get one at some point and would like to know if it is worth the money. Thanks.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one in my hands a few weeks ago, not for very long but long enough that I decided to take my name off the waiting list and wait until what i think are a few shortcomings are addressed.

GregR

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
I had one in my hands a few weeks ago, not for very long but long enough that I decided to take my name off the waiting list and wait until what i think are a few shortcomings are addressed.

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

GregR,

Are you sure the one you have handled is production U2? Many of CPFers including myself had the chance to play the prototype but none of us could judge the light due to its prototype status unless you found fundamental design fault that couldn't be fixed in production /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alan

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not sure the U2 I have is a production version. The lines in the sand are not clean.

I'm not sure what these/this fundamental design fault(s) are either (?)

turbodog

Flashaholic
Was told by my local dealer, who was told by his dealer at the shot show, to not expect them till at least 2005.