Got my first Surefire

suppin

Newly Enlightened
After lurking around the forums for the last few months and starting a small collection with some other lights from Inova, Pelican a couple other manufacturers, I've finally decided to invest in my first Surefire. So I went down to the local distributor today and bought myself one.

Really happy with it so far, the built and finish of it is excellent, as expected of Surefire. This little hobby is starting to grow out of control/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif Next on the long list would be accessories and parts... maybe a clickie.. At least I can now say that I own a Surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif In my excitement (and the spots I keep seeing all over the place), I forgot to mention that I got an E2e HA. Decided to get it due to it's versatility, now to get an LED bezel for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Compared it to the Pelican M6 that I have, and it's quite a lot smaller and less clunky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
great choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

my first (and only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) surefire as well!

B@rt

Flashaholic
At least you guys have one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'm still waiting for my first one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif )

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Rothrandir, we're in the same boat, this will be my only Surefire for a while to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt, good for you! The U2 is kinda out of my budget right now heh

Thanks Stealth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I sure hope it is

makar

Enlightened
great choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
my first surefire also. a perfect light with great options: kl1, kl4, mno2, e2d, pr-t....

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Welcome to the club! I just got my first SureFire (E2e-HA) last week, and it truly is all I hoped for, expected, and more.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You definitely can't go wrong making an E2e your first SureFire. It's tough, bright, and versatile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, got my first one this week, L2. No way on earth I'd ever have been able to afford it, but thanks to a recent CPF raffle...

NOW I see what all the talk's about...WOW!

Workmanship on these lights is incredible...

14C

Enlightened
Welcome to the club. I started with a D2. The E2E is excellent. Now you need a KL1 or a KL4 head for it...:)

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Congrats, Zelandeth! The two stage output of the L2 will be real useful.

Already got that covered, 14C, now to plan for a two stage switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

albert

Enlightened
Suppin, how about you buying from me a McGizmo's McLux PR head with Downboy 917mA with TX0J LuxIII in it?

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I'd really love to, Albert, but I kinda blew my budget with my recent spending spree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif Wouldn't be able to afford a McLux for some time to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If any of you have a problem with your E2e's reflector fogging up, please post about it. Several of us have had our new E2e's reflectors get milky white after they warm up or get hot. SF says to return them for service. I'm wondering how wide spread the problem is. Remember that the lights must be on for several minutes until they heat up enough before this happens.

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Jayflash, the E2e that I got had the fogging reflector problem. However, I remember reading tequilathursday's helpful thread. After he ran a series of comprehensive tests, he came to the conclusion that it was probably humidity that is causing the fogging. Since, where I live, the humidity is almost always 75% to 95% (according to the weather reports anyway), I figured it was probably humidity that's the reason behind it too. Can't really get away from humidity when you're living in the tropics.

However, if any of you guys who sent it back to Surefire and got a replacement that doesn't fog up, do tell, so the rest of us can see to getting it replaced as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif