Waterproofness of the Inova 24/7

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I was just wondering, since most Inova lights are submersible is it safe to assume that the 24/7 is also waterproof. (Checked the literature that came with it and it did not mention it)

Not that I am going to go diving with it, but I work outdoors at night near traffic and in the rain I would like to strap it on my safety vest just as an extra measure of safety.

Thanks in advance for all your replies,
Greg

X33

Enlightened
I don't have one but from what I've read in reviews it should be ok in the rain. Tried one out in a shop. Certainly is a flashy little devil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I thought Craig's review (or maybe it was Quickbeam's) showed the 24/7 is not waterproof. I'm looking at one now and it looks like water might be able to get in under the rotating switch. But they did make an effort to seal the battery compartment.

Catman10

Enlightened
That was just my personal experiences, other results may vary. I do think that it would definately be fine for his described use, though.

Deanster

Enlightened
I've submerged my OD 24/7 in two feet of hot tub water for 20min with no ill effects. Most seem to be reasonably water resistant, but it's probably worth giving it a dunk in the sink before trying it in a safety role.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I note that the two that have so far been described which survived the dunk were OD. Craig's safety yellow unit was the one that had troubles.

Anybody else with stories?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mines been in rain with no problems and its yellow. Dont know if I would dunk it though.

M

MeridianTactical

Left mine face up in the rain over the weekend camping, heavy rain... still works like a champ!

Gave one to my sister for their boat. I fell it was a good life jacket light incase of emergency.