TerraLux MiniMax 1AA?

markus_i

Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I have been looking, here and on Google, but couldn't find anything. Are there any user reports, tests, whatever regarding the above flashlight (electrical is ok, there's nothing much that you can do wrong with a single luxeon - but what about mechanics, switch, waterproofness...?)?
Failing that - does anyone here actually use this light (as EDC) and can tell me why I shouldn't buy it?

Basically, this is what I've been waiting for - 1W Lux with single AA. I have a couple of triple AAA lights (had to give the luxeon to my SO, received a 8*5mm in exchange), the XM-3 is way too big (almost as much as the Blaster Jr....), and the Zorch (as many others) uses these ****** 123 batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bye
Markus

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MadMax sandwich and a MiniMiniMag will run on 1AA with a Luxeon. There's also Lambda's new pill with a Luxeon, and they are currently doing up additional MMMs to go with it. The waiting list for that one is incredibly long though, so no idea about when you'd be able to get one.

If the issue is 123 battery availability, go for rechargeable 123s and enjoy guilt free lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

markus_i

Enlightened
Hi nerdgineer, KevinL - thanks for the (quick!) reply.

Looks like the MiniMax isn't quite what I'm looking for. Scanning for MMM brought up a price tag which is a bit above what I've negotiated with my SO :-( . Rechargeable 123s would be good idea, but not for my use case(s): when I'm on a bike/camping trip, I don't want to lug around chargers or a load of different batteries, so I've cut down everything to either use AAs (AAAs as a still necessary fallback, but also available for cheap in at least two German supermarket chains) or last for two weeks without recharge. Looks like I'm going to have to think a little more about building my own...

Bye
Markus