• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 2 x McLux PR-T heads

balrog

Enlightened
Hi,

I have for sale two McLux PR-T HA nat heads each hosting TV0J bin white Luxeon IIIs and badboy convertors. Both were built by myself. These lights are intended to run on CR123s or another 3V power source. I really don't use 123s anymore thanks to all the Li-Ion batteries I have now so out these go.

Price for each is $125 including airmail (uninsured) shipping to anywhere in the world. PayPal payments only. If you pay by cash (as opposed to credit card) the price is $120 including shipping. Please PM me if interested.

The first is driven by a BB700. This Lux III measured 3.27V at 700mA which puts it right on the border of a TV0H and TV0J bin. Because of this lower Vf, I decided to drive it with a BB700 to eek out some extra lumens without sacrificing runtime.

The second is driven by a BB650. This Lux III is extremely bright compared to most T bins I have seen. In fact it is slightly brighter than the aforementioned one driven by the BB700. However, it has some kind of phosphour defect that causes a blue arc to appear across the beam. It is noticeable on a white wall, but not noticeable with regular use. It's obviously not a light for people fussy about beam quality, but it does have a certain uniqueness about it.

1) PR-T HA nat, BB700 and Lux III TV0J - $120 - available
2) PR-T HA nat, BB650 and Lux III TV0J* - $120 - available

* - extra bright but has phosphour defect.

Thanks for looking! Jeff.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
balrog,

Just something to think about. I've built plenty of lights using a badboy 700 and drove them with Pila 168S and 150S. Maybe you don't need to get rid of them after all.

balrog

Enlightened
Yeah, I've been using Badboy convertors with my Pilas fine. I have been using a BB1000 head for some time now. However, I'm now using heads with SDCs in them so I have no need for these these guys now.

I've negelected this thread for too long. I'll see if a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif can't help it along.