New Slash And Burn LED Light

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have a keychain. No, make that a BALL and (key)chain, there's so much stuff on it. And all that stuff makes it hard to carry, lumpy in the pocket and/or jingly-jangly on the belt clip, and plays hell on the car ignition with all that weight tugging down on the keyhole, not to mention the arc-shaped worn-out area on the dash that it creates.

So I decided to streamline things, and part of it was realizing my separate light and small knife had to go. Thought about the TekTite Knife Light, but wanted a REAL knife with a good-sized blade that LOCKS open (TekTite blade is only like two inches or less and doesn't lock open securely), plus a pocket clip so I don't clog up my keychain again.

Anyway I found out that Tool Logic made such a device, and in fact it's made in Seki City -- those of you into knives knows it's a town in Japan where blademaking is an art and a longstanding tradition, dating back to the original samurai sword-making days. This Tool Logic knife has a hole in the blade like the Spydercos (also made in Seki City) for easy one-hand opening, as well as a metal pocket clip, and a bright white led, a small waterproof storage compartment in the handle, a built-in emergency survival whistle, etc.

So I found a place that showed pictures and described it:

i616727hz01.jpg

feat_sl1.jpg

The only thing is that it's not coming out until June 1st, and it's not that cheap, about $40 bucks before shipping.

Well, being a former knife distributor (another hobby sickness from the past just like this dang flashlight thing today) and still holding my wholesale license agreement with several companies, I inquired with them and ordered a few (there's always a minimum order to get it for almost half off) and they should be coming in soon. But I only need two (one for me and one for my brother-in-law) so the rest of them are available, with shipping first to me and then out to your doorstep they should still be like only $29.

Please drop me an e-mail if you're interested. And then if there are any left after that I will post them on Buy/Sell later.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
Wow, thats nice! Any idea what type of batt it uses?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...good point, Ken. I didn't even think to ask, I liked the shape of the blade and knife overall and the SekiCity contruction and whistle and pocket clip, so once I found the right distributor still willing to sell to me, on impulse I went ahead and ordered the minimum. Too late for me now...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, looking at the shape of it...could be three "n" batts? Any way, looks real nice. I may want to get one.

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, doesn't that look like an artist's version of an Arc AAA in there? Wouldn't THAT be sweet?

I'm certainly interested too, but I think I'll wait and see how you like yours first. I want to know a bit more about that light, and if I can fit an Arc AAA in that holder, I'm all over it!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Well, being a former knife distributor (another hobby sickness from the past just like this dang flashlight thing today)..."

Your comment really made my wife laugh in agreement! Those dang addictions!

sflate

Enlightened
Count me in too! (or maybe two!) I agree, if the light is anywhere close to my Arc-AAA LE, or if the Arc fits in it's place this would be really sweet. Kinda like having a light on my Ruger so I can see what I'm aiming at, or cutting at.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sflate:
Count me in too! (or maybe two!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sflate,

Please send me an e-mail so I can move your message over to my Outlook's "save" box -- will notify you by return e-mail when they're in and my impressions of it.

bwcaw

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:

...and it's not that cheap, about $40 bucks before shipping.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is funny! I have spent over $400 dollars
on knives in the last couple of years, and
the knife that i edc (a benchmade 722) cost me over $120! And i know of some other people
on this B.B. that edc Striders, and Microtech knives that cost over $300 bucks by themselves! Did i mention that i am addicted to knives as well?
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
Why is all the cool stuff so expensive?
tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I wonder where you're supposed to put your mouth to blow the whistle on that. I only see the exit aperture there, on the side of the handle. Didn't see a hole on the butt or top.
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigwuss:
Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
[qb]

...and it's not that cheap, about $40 bucks before shipping.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is funny! I have spent over $400 dollars
on knives in the last couple of years, and
the knife that i edc (a benchmade 722) cost me over $120! And i know of some other people
on this B.B. that edc Striders, and Microtech knives that cost over $300 bucks by themselves! Did i mention that i am addicted to knives as well?
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
Why is all the cool stuff so expensive?
tongue.gif
[/QB]

Hey BigWuss,

Then in that case $40 for a jen-wine Seki blade with thumbhole cutout is Such A Deal! And by the time the dust settles, it should be even about 25% less! AND you get a whistle! And there's probably even a secret decoder ring inside the secret watertight compartment (which I think is behind the led light, which then must be removable)! So, how many you want?

(actually if everybody who responded by e-mail takes one, there aren't any left anyway)...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
I wonder where you're supposed to put your mouth to blow the whistle on that. I only see the exit aperture there, on the side of the handle. Didn't see a hole on the butt or top.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, good question. But being made by Tool Logic, I'm sure it works -- somehow. Mebbe you put your mouth over it and -- inhale? (a "mild suction test", as so eloquently put by a certain flashlight tester, ahem...)

Hey did you get my last e-mail responding to yours? Please lemme know...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Hey did you get my last e-mail responding to yours? Please lemme know...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure I sent you one out this morning. I'll have to check the inbox again and look for the "replied" flag.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hole to blow the whistle is in the butt of the knife - look really carefully at the right side of the inset picture where it says "emergency whistle" - you may have to adjust the brightness/contrast of your monitor to see the hole. It shows up as a different shade of gray.

FYI - I picked up a couple of those "Storm" whistles at WalMart - on clearance for $3 - supposedly the loudest whistles available. I'll tell you, they'll wake the dead! It takes no more effort than normal breathing through the thing to wake the neighbors, let alone a hard blast of air. Great for camping/boating/hiking/bugout bags/etc.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, those wistles are great... until your two-year-old gets hold of it. Ouch.

I saw the hole! Of course it HAD to be there, so that isn't a huge surprise...
tongue.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

FYI - I picked up a couple of those "Storm" whistles at WalMart - on clearance for $3 -

I got some of these in the boating section at Walmart, but for $4.98, no clearance here-
I thought this was a pealess type whistle, but apparently there is one in there.
Piercing sound, but I was kinda expecting louder- guess I must be going deaf..
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Didn't see a hole on the butt or top.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where did you see the butt of the handle? There isn't a shot of it from the back end, so I'm sure you blow there (the way the "reed" is configured, it looks like the air needs to come from the back).