Arc LS and thread pitch's

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Arc LS and thread pitch\'s

I won't bore y'all with the long version of this story. But recently I recieved a couple of optic retaining rings that had a thread pitch much finer than what is in the bodies these are destined for. The LS bodies are of the one piece design. I bought them from another CPFer. I also compared them to another LSH that I have. Got the same results.

Can anybody shed some light on this topic.
btw I posted this same qustion on the arc forum and got no answers.

Thanks,
zwf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Re: Arc LS and thread pitch\'s

I have never seen an LS first run. So I'm not sure exactly how they are constructed. That's part of why I posted this question. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer and can shed some light on the topic.

OK I did a thread count:
All three LS bodies I own have - 20 Threads per inch
Two mystery rings - 32 Threads per inch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

the first runs were two piece and everything wes hald in by joining the t halves of the head together so there wasn't a retaining ring like the LS's have.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ZuluWhiskeyFox said:
I have never seen an LS first run. So I'm not sure exactly how they are constructed. That's part of why I posted this question. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer and can shed some light on the topic.

OK I did a thread count:
All three LS bodies I own have - 20 Threads per inch
Two mystery rings - 32 Threads per inch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a retainer for a First Run or Hybrid. It is used to hold the optic in the bezel. It's interior hole will be smaller than the Rev 2 retainer rings that are 20 TPI. Contrary to what is said above, the First Run/Hybrid were 3 piece; Bezel/body/tailcap.