? about countycomm heavyduty keychain lights

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hey any one who gots em are they pretty strong where the keychain ataches to the body of light.i got some key chain lights local here and they break there but they was cheap .but they always break there.how is the county comm ones

paulr

Flashaholic
If you mean those "rugged" ones, yeah, you won't break them. I don't like them very much because they're momentary-only and a little bit confusing to operate if you don't know the trick, but they are tough. The trick is to press down on the front of the button, near the LED. But if you just hand the light to someone, they will tend to press the middle of the button instead, and the light won't come on.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o the others one i had was worst then that. got em at biglots lol. and i gave one to my elderly neeber and the other day. i saw it and the thing was brokei felt bad. so i want to get her new ones. she is a real nice lady plus give some to my freinds

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Raggie,

I agree with Paul. The rugged lights would be hard to break there.

I would caution you about those lights for an elderly person because it takes a bit of strength to hold the button to keep the light turned on.

My son broke a 20/$20 light at the attachment by dropping his keys and stepping on them. He prefers the 20/$20 because of the ability to leave it on without having to press it constantly.

Tom

justjim

Newly Enlightened
hey raggie, how you doin? the rugged lights from countycom are great. paulr is correct about the tricky turn-on, but they are rugged. in fact, i like them better than my pt pulsar. these things really are indestructable (and only $1). i also like the countycom lights with the sliding switch (also $1), but those tend to be on the fragile side. try em, you'll like em.
-jim

avusblue

Enlightened
Raggie, I just bought some of the CC heavy duties off B/S/T. I liked the previous $1 lights (that they're now out of) but agree that the weak spot is the attachment to the split ring. I had several give way and break there. The heavy duties look to be more, ahem, heavy duty. The slider switch was as much a liability as a benefit, as it would often come on accidentally and stay on, draining the battery.

PM me with your address and I'll be happy to send you one of the heavy duties as a gift when they arrive.

Dave

Aloft

Enlightened
I haven't noticed a switch problem with the County Comm $1 tough white LEDs. Mine seem to work when I press the center of the button. . . or the front near the LED. Pressing the back does NOT turn them on, as stated. But it does take a good squeeze. That's one of the things I really like about these lights. . . my earlier photons kept turning on in my pocket or when I took my keys out. The County Comm's are great lights, though I haven't done a runtime test.

2dim

Enlightened
Seller insisted on USA only sales. If anyone has any to spare, I'll gladly send a bank certified cheque.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
I liked the previous $1 lights (that they're now out of) but agree that the weak spot is the attachment to the split ring. I had several give way and break there. The heavy duties look to be more, ahem, heavy duty. The slider switch was as much a liability as a benefit, as it would often come on accidentally and stay on, draining the battery.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's what I do with my $1 lights:

dollarlight.jpg

The clasp is a necklace clasp from a bead store (they're good for finding small, cheap bits of hardware, including small split rings); it provides less leverage against the attachment point. It's not fancy schmancy heavy-duty titanium or anything, but it gets the job done and is slimmer than a split ring.

The rubber band is just cheap and ugly protection against accidental turn on; I'm sure I could make a rubber sleeve out of some tubing or whatever, but it never hurts to have a rubber band handy.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
eeek i guess i better order some others one for my elderly freind. she is very nice she seems strong fro old person .she still drives and stuff i live near her and her sister there the only good people in this hood. but clovis is dieing sadly not neaboo neaboo is the one i gave light. but clovis is her sister. she is 91 i think

Latest posts