To Buy, Or Not To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazmatt

Newly Enlightened
I just gotta get me a 1x123 cell Arc. Don't know why. Never seen one. Never touched one. Just HAVE TO HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW. Obviously there is a delimma in that they aren't shipping....plus this talk of the Arc5 has me wondering if I should just wait....a virtue I find difficult to muster.

What would you do? I have just purchased a SF A2 (love the light even though the LEDs are green....man I can't wait till they sell those LED assemblies separately). The A2 is great for home and outdoors stuff, but not very pocketable for an office type environment. I picked up a Dorcy AAA from Wallyworld but it isn't bright enough for my liking, plus it is way too big <IMO> for a single AAA light. Basically the Arc would be a luxury as I don't NEED one, but I simply must have one....now

What would you do, oh smart people of flashlightville?

Would you get a LS(L/H/second) from B/S/T as a holdover and wait for the Arc 5 to come out? (me likey multi-stage)

Get an ARC 4 from B/S/T and be happy, probably not jump on the Arc 5 bandwagon due to cost?

Just don't buy anything and wait for Arc 5 (how boring does this sound)?

Go with a different brand of 1x123 light (I really don't wanna do this)

-Matt

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if ya are really hurting i have LSH-P #148. I bought it from here. Im not sure if it's a second or not, Im waiting on Peter to get back to me on it. Im thinking $90 shipped for it though. with TSP-123 tailpack.

hazmatt

Newly Enlightened
Can you post or email any high resolution pictures of the light, including the wording (model number and stuff)? I thought I saw here somewhere that the second quality lights were numbered or labeled differently (SLS or LSL-S, etc...).

From what I have seen, that isn't a bad price for a P.....

Hmm.... you are the devil.

hazmatt

Newly Enlightened
I have read that the HDS EDC lights are still vaporware... I saw their webpage and product details...but it was a preorder type-sitch-e-ation

nightshade

Enlightened
If you like many adjustable levels the 4+ is a excellent light. Use Cy's reversible (don't know why one would want to reverse it)tailcap mod and lose roughly a 1/4 inch and have tail standing ability. Then again, the 4+ design will be around a spell. The LS is becoming a little more scarce. It has the ability to be modded with a hi-low switch and to many carries better in the pocket. A twisty may be added to further reduce size. 2AA adapters are somewhat available. Oh hell-buy both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
amen nightshade. Im in the process of trying to get a complete set of Arc LS's, Only reason im willing to part with my #148 is that i found an even lower # /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nightshade

Enlightened
Hallis, please post pics when complete.I have not seen that many Arc family photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problemo. That thread needs a sticky. It's even better then the Arc FAQ. Im about 1/3 complete with my Arc collection. there's still quite a few i need though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

X33

Enlightened
Re:

I would get an LSHP, LSHFP or ARC4 now. I wouldn't wait for the Arc5. I just got an ARC4 rev2. Was actually considering waiting for the rev3. Am happy with the rev2 as it is and once the new software and switch have proven themselves I can still get the upgrade later. The LSHF has got a great beam, I like it better than the ARC4 beam. But I like the Arc4 for its different brightness levels. I EDC the ARC4. If you dont need the brightness levels get an LSH(F)P. My LSHF P is not for sale, sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

Well hopefully i can snap some pics of my LSH-P tonight and post up. I dont EDC any of my Arcs because i love them too much to risk losing them. lol.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
nightshade said:
If you like many adjustable levels the 4+ is a excellent light. Use Cy's reversible (don't know why one would want to reverse it)tailcap mod and lose roughly a 1/4 inch and have tail standing ability. Then again, the 4+ design will be around a spell. The LS is becoming a little more scarce. It has the ability to be modded with a hi-low switch and to many carries better in the pocket. A twisty may be added to further reduce size. 2AA adapters are somewhat available. Oh hell-buy both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Don't forget the 1AA FATboy too. I have one thanks to UFOKIllerz.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
Here is a good link for you nightshade.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Thats an AWESOME link. Looks like I got some buying to do. DAMN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I TOTALLY forgot about the 1AA slimBOY. I gots to have one of those. Anyone selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.