Looking for ultra-bright elliptical LEDs

MacGyverS2000

Newly Enlightened
Having a difficult time finding what I need. High-brightness red, green, and blue LEDs, elliptical output pattern. Viewing angle should be somewhere along the lines of 30-60 degrees by 60-90 degrees. Brightness levels should definitely be in the high several hundred mcd range, and the brighter the better (2,000+ mcd ideal). Obviously the higher ratings will be with the smaller viewing angles. Expected current requirements are in the 30-70mA range.

Here's the real stumper... it should be SMD (surface mount), not PTH (through-hole). I'll use PTH if I'm forced to, but I would prefer SMD. I've come across a couple of PTH that fit the bill (just in case), but more suggestions are welcomed.

Since I don't check CPF as often as I would like, emailing suggestions is preferred.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Well, there's no way to email you since you don't have a visible address...

Here are some Nichia SMD LEDs - 2mm x 2mm x 1.2mm
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
P/N color intensity (mcd) beam profile
-------------------------------------------------
NSCB100A blue 104 120°x115°
NSCG100A green 460 120°x115°
NSSR100A red 196 130°x120°
</pre><hr />

MacGyverS2000

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, thought it was in my profile... macgs2000 at hot mail dot com

The Nichias listed might be usable if their beam profiles were shrunk down to my requested dimensions while keeping the same light output. I figure that would give me about 4 times the mcd rating at the smaller viewing angles. But alas, they just won't suffice.

Any idea on the cost of custom-producing LEDs? I would, of course, use pre-made dice and standard packages, just optimize the lens for my applications. I'm beginning to wonder if it would be easier in the short run to create just an add-on lens and glue them to the top of the packages... labor costs would kill me in the long run, though.

MacGyverS2000

Newly Enlightened
A couple of suggestions by mail, but unfortunately nothing that comes close to what I'm looking for. So, just bumping the thread in the hopes someone out there has a close match.

Thanks.