What is the smallest 2 x cr123 Luxeon light

bhds

Enlightened
Well, pretty much what the subject title says /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I've got the itch for a new light and was originally saving to get an L2 put the thing is just too d--- long. I prefer small, sleek Luxeon lights without extraneous bulk and knurling etc. With all the new lights that have come out recently I am having a hard time keeping up with all the specs. Any suggestions?
My edc is a TWAK'ed arc ls with fraen. I was kind of hoping for the day when arc would make the 2x123 arc 5. With todays news it looks that is out of the question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What is the smallest 2 x cr123 LED light

well, if you think the L2 is too long, you could get the L4 and then order a 2-level switch separately. knocks off about an inch if i remember right.

for small AND sleek, my favorites are the Arc LS with 2-AA tube and the Inova X5T-HA (also the XO³, but i don't think its sleekness would win you over due to its length).

you might like Elektrolumens XM2. but it's a bit bulkier than the Arc LS or Inova's.

then there's um, the Streamlight TL2 luxeon.

Quickbeam has reviewed them all here - http://flashlightreviews.home.att.net/reviews/reviews_index_luxeon.htm

you might have to make some sleekness-to-length ratio sacrifices tho!

MY

Enlightened

The smallest 2x123 light is the ARC LS3 I am pretty sure. Now that ARC is no more, that light is a collectors item.

fishface

Newly Enlightened

The smallest one I own is the nightcutter sport its not a lux but its small and bright.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Small, sleek with all the right curves and all... I'd say Inova X5t. Else next one up is the E2e/KL1 or L4. If you care more for practicality than looks, you next best choice for an even smaller package is the UKE 2L running the eLed module.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Nightcutter 3-red LED Chartlight is 3 and 13/16's inches long exactly. It's much shorter than my E2E, L4, Inova X5T, and even a bit shorter than my Inova X1.

bhds

Enlightened

The Mcgizmo 2 level switch actually shortens the stock L4?

Seen pictures of the ls3 and it probably would have been
perfect. Short, uniform width, totally compact and un-assuming!

TL2- didnt even know about that one. I think that I got It confused with the twin task. Actually not a bad looking light

XO3- Too darn long!

Nightcutter, X5t etc. - Should have specified that I want a luxeon. I do like that nightcutter though. Might have to look into that also.

L4- So far its the closest. Length is in between my A2 and E2e

sidespill

Enlightened

I don't know that there would be much interest but I personnally would like to see an e series compatible 2x123 or 2xCR2 twisty. Imagine how small a 2xCR2 twisty would be. Or maybe even a batt pack in the x200 form factor only not intended for weapon mount. Oh well, after it's all said and done i really couldn't care much since my current EDC for the past few months has been e2e/z57/PR-T in the pocket so I'm really not that concerned with smallest package possible.

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened

The Nightcutters are the smallest 2x123 lights but as mentioned are not luxeons. I hear that's about to change as they are close to releasing some brand new models....;)

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bhds said:
The Mcgizmo 2 level switch actually shortens the stock L4?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope, sorry for the confusion.
i was saying the L4 with the 2-level switch is shorter than the L2, and you get basically the same function. except the L2 is brighter on its high-beam and the L4 with the switch has controllable dimming on low-beam with some tweaking, i believe.

L2 is a little over 6 inches, the L4 with the 2-level switch is a little over 5 inches. so it's around an inch shorter, i think.

s2k

Newly Enlightened

The smallest 2 cell Luxeon Star light i ever seen is Longbow Mini, it's even smaller than L4

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Make your choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

From left to right :

Aleph1 BB-750 LuxV , SF E2 (size ref.) , Arc4+ 2x123 proto-pack , Arc LS BB750 LuxV 2x123 LS3 pack (mod by Jets).

09240001.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic

It's not the smallest in size, but the lightest 2x123 light that I know of is the UK 2L at about 2.4 ounces. It's lighter than lots of 1 cell lights including the Arc4+, and way lighter than any metal 2 cell light like the L4. It will accept your choice of a Luxeon head or two different xenon lamp modules (2.1 watt and 4 watt). It's quite an underrated light around here.

bhds

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:

From left to right :

Aleph1 BB-750 LuxV , SF E2 (size ref.) , Arc4+ 2x123 proto-pack , Arc LS BB750 LuxV 2x123 LS3 pack (mod by Jets).

[/ QUOTE ]
Aleph-Have heard nothing but great things about them but its a little too fancy and not compact enough
Arc 4+ and LS3- Do I even have to say anything? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

bhds

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
s2k said:
The smallest 2 cell Luxeon Star light i ever seen is Longbow Mini, it's even smaller than L4

[/ QUOTE ]

Have looked at them before and I do like the looks and at 5.0 inches(clicky) is slightly shorter than the L4 at 5.1 The only problem I can see is that the advertised output is 20.7 lumens. Slightly less than a stock Arc ls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bhds

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmm are you sure about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miciobigio

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
bhds said:

Aleph-Have heard nothing but great things about them but its a little too fancy and not compact enough
Arc 4+ and LS3- Do I even have to say anything? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now is ok ?

The Aleph1 is now with the 17500 batt-tube using 2xCR2 batts or a Pila rechargeable Li-ion or a AA Li-ion and even a regular alkaline 1,5V produce some lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Or just wait till i receive my Aleph2 from Mc-Gizmo for a more compact 2x123 5w torch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

09240003.jpg

chrisse242

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
bhds said:
[ QUOTE ]
s2k said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Have looked at them before and I do like the looks and at 5.0 inches(clicky) is slightly shorter than the L4 at 5.1 The only problem I can see is that the advertised output is 20.7 lumens. Slightly less than a stock Arc ls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If money is not a problem, you can upgrade the mini with the parts from the sandwich shop or have someone doing it for you.

Chrisse

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Microbigio: I'll have to see if the Aleph 2 or 3 heads work better for me in EDC functionality before I decide which to use on the primary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But you're right about that 20mm reflector being compact - though I'm wondering how badly it'll beat the Quantum III before I figure out if I want to carry two (well, technically three) lights with me in EDC roles.

akula88

Enlightened

Not a 2xCR123, -- but 2xCR2 can be used on Balrog BE1.5 or McGizmo's 17500 bodies. Any SF E-series 6-volt head like the KL1/4, Aleph-n, PRT DB/BBs, or McLux can take the powerpack.

Imagine a fully regulated Lux3-DB917 in just 111mm or 4.37"