Ivan is Back.....

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Seems the reminants from the dreaded Ivan have drifted back into the Gulf of Mexico and have strengthend into a tropical depression. The system is expected to become a tropical storm before making a projected landfall on the upper Texas coast. The big threat in our neck of the woods is flooding from the projected 5 to 10 inches of rain. The fact that our ground is pretty dry from lack of rain will help out.

NHC Ivan Advisory

Ivan History

Simply amazing.........

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yep. Incredible really.

Tide is rising! Coastal areas starting to flood.

It would have to try pretty damn hard to out-do Allison however! We came pretty darn close to flooding then, and would rather NEVER!!!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
This blows my mind. Ivan actually passed over me a few days ago in New England(!), and now it's back in the Gulf. Really strange!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
We could use the rain in DFWland... but I'd rather not see it in the form of a reconstituted hurricane that hit the coast first.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang we got close to 8 inches of rain from Ivan on its first visit and now it's coming back like it's wanting to redo what it missed the first trip.

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I am shocked to hear this, I never knew a storm can do loops like that, how often does this kind of stuff happen?

Here's another storm track map
iws0b.jpg