Dorcy 1 watt Luxeon with a twist.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
New at Target. A 2 x 123 twin task sized Luxeon light from Dorcy. Smoother finish meaning not as deep of a knruling job. Deep bowl reflector and LD emitter just like the Twin tasks. Uses three AAA batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif so runtime will be pffft. also has two modes if off is not counted. One click on. Next click blinking ????? Why? Because a junior engineer could. Looks like the star can be easily replaced.

Oh and $24 bucks. Must have replaced the 2C led light.

The hang tag states rubber grippy handle but it is all aluminum. Still a cool light. Once I fighre out how to disembowel the head I will post pics. It screams for a HD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Is this it?

dorcyls1.jpg

It uses three AAA cells, a low-dome 1.2 watt LS LED, and has on, blink, and off.
My web page about it is right here if you're interested.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds nice, except for that blinking mode. It would annoy me to have to cycle past that to turn it off. Do you think it can be disabled?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig, I notice that in your review of this light, you ran a battery test with both alkalines and nimh's. You read a peak brightness of 367 CD, I assume with the alkalines.

Do you recall what the peak brightness of the light with nimh's was? Higher? Lower? It seems (from another thread) that many people get more brightness from nimh's while I typically get less. What did you get?

Just curious.