ARC lights are now collectors items

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY

Enlightened
With the sad news of ARC closing shop, ARC lights are now in even greater demand. Witness how quickly ARC lights are selling on the BST and becoming collectors items. This is a testament on the fact that Peter's lights were/are the best.

Regards.

thtl

Newly Enlightened
Really? And here I am asking a local shop to place order for the AAA-UV model for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mapson

Enlightened
I do not have any Arc lights and I definitely will not be starting now. The warranty and customer service provided by Peter and his group was part of what made Arc a well loved light and company. With both gone, I wouldn't know who/how to repair any problems.

But...there are countless fans of the lights and I agree with you that those are the true collectors who have more emotion attached to the lights than I do.

cy

Flashaholic
There are modders on the forum that have been working on ARC flashlights for quite some time.

Before ARC4 came out and the problems with the bad chip last year. You almost never needed ARC's famous customer service.

IMHO part of the reason ARC went down is trying to maintain the same level of customer service.

If you have an ARC product older than a year. 99%+ chance you will not have problems.

srtungate

Newly Enlightened
It's sad, they had great customer service. What's even more sad is I just thinned out my collection to purchase a new ARC4.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
srtungate,

I just did the same thing with some rare Arc AAAs. If I new the news, I never would have sold them last week.

Fortunately, I am one of the lucky few with a Arc 4+.

That news really sucks!

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Pocket Lights has a few ARC AAA Turquoise for sale. I just talked to David and he said to please phone in orders for these. The phone number is 800-517-8090

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my Arc AAA two weeks ago just so LED_ASAP could mod it with a Luxeon. It wasn't because I was trying to collect it.

I just want the smallest brightest light that can be made.

2dim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PocketBeam said:
I bought my Arc AAA two weeks ago just so LED_ASAP could mod it with a Luxeon. It wasn't because I was trying to collect it.

I just want the smallest brightest light that can be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! So is led_asap the only way to go? If yes, what is the best host to mod?

TheBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:

Before ARC4 came out and the problems with the bad chip last year. You almost never needed ARC's famous customer service.

If you have an ARC product older than a year. 99%+ chance you will not have problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard of problems but never experienced any. Which version of the AAA had the problems? Was it the one with the writing going down the side?

Gandalf

Enlightened
Due their unique utility factor, I plan to continue to carry my (greatly appreciated) Arc LSH-P, with a twisty 123 pack, and an Arc AAA around my neck on a nylon string.

I am very fortunate to have one of only 110 2002 CPF Edition dark blue body Arc AAA's made, and also one of the red body CPF Edition 2003 Arc AAA's. I was *really* hoping to get a golden body colored 2004 Arc CPF edition... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

For the time being, I'm going to put my irreplaceable CPF Edition Arc AAA's in my safety deposit box! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.