Combination bright LED & Luxeon Led flashlight?

Northernflame

Newly Enlightened
Greetings:

I'm not certain if this is possible. However it would be wise of me to ask anyway. I do know that i've made a 3 led+1lux combo However it 's on a rather large circuit board.

I am curious as to if there are any combination Birght or super bright LED and Luxeon led flashlights?

I'm not realy interested in the xenon bulb flashlights. Yes there's plenty of light power. However the power drain makes xenon impractical.

Ex. Streamlight twin-task 2d , or tt3aa have both LED and xenon bulbs (2 or 3 modes flashlight)

Would there be a simular LED flashlight with bright leds and
a luxeon or terra-lux bulb combinaiton (2 or more mode) flashlight?

Either in AA, C, or D cell size.

Again with the same reflector/collimnator as the twin tasks?

Thank You

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the sizing aspect but McGizmo has played with this in the past and at least one of the mainstream manufacturers implements this in one of their headlamp models.

ubermensch

Enlightened
What effect are you trying to achieve? Do you just want a light with different brightness levels, or do you want the leds to be a different color than the luxeon as well?

Northernflame

Newly Enlightened
Thank you both for the reply.

I am looking for that Mcgizmo. I'l write back when I find it.

Secondly: To answer your question about the luxeon and your colour comments.

Simply put I just want brighter light option, same bright white .

Basicaly a twin-task 2D or tt-3aa with a luxeon 1 watt led
instead of the Xenon bulb.

I already have the streamlight twin-task lux3aa. It's fine especaly at distance and it has a resepctable battery use life of 25-28 hours.

I prefer a regular 4 or 5 led light (with reflector/colimnator) when working on computers or other
tight fit spaces.

Unfortunately I don't paticualy care to haul around two or more flashlights even two AA mini-mags.

I hope this helps?

I did notice that my interest in a LED& LEX seems to be rather rare as I did not find any relivent info on the net search engines nor on the ledmuseum (still looking).

Thanks for your time.

yt

NF.

MrMom

Enlightened
Actually I was hoping that Pila would come up with a Lux III or a 5 watt Luxeon drop in option to replace the incan head in their line of lights. A torch with four 5mm led at one end and a bright focused Luxeon at the other end would certantily be popular. On the other hand, a dimmable Luxeon would offer the same utility.

Northernflame

Newly Enlightened
Re: Combination bright LED & Luxeon Led flashlight

Hi and thanks for the comments.

Yes that would be nice...

Unfortunately I spoke to streamlight and they have no future plans to make a LUX&LED combo.

Thanks again

ubermensch

Enlightened

MrMom, I made a direct drive luxeon drop-in for a Pila light and the way that the module rests in the body, there is a very poor thermal path. I think that for it to work, the module would need to be attached to the body in some way (threaded or soldered). So, with Pila's current set-up, a drop-in would not be feasable if it generated much heat.

Northernflame, if you want an LED-based light with high and low settings, look into getting either a sandwich module with a two-stage kroll clickie, or an L4 with an Aleph two-stage tailcap (or an L1 or L2 for that matter).

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's no hand held lights that are off the shelf that I can think of which has that combo, but the closest one that I know of is the PT Yukon HL headlamp. Black Diamond may have one like that as well, I can't remember... Others have modded the TwinTask series (2L IIRC) to replace the Xenon bulb with a Lux Star as well.

Vbeez

Enlightened

I think Nuwai make that kind of combo light, Luxeon at one end and couple 5mm led at the other end.