-=-=-=-= Arc Archives =-=-=-=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtice

Flashaholic
TIN, Adobe Acrobate will actually do it for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
You just tell it the URL, and how many levels to go.
In this case, I told it to capture the entire site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The page for the Arc Chronology is right here if anybody is interested.
I preserved all the images, but the formatting is a bit off because I do not know how to do tables.
The page and all the images are hosted on one of my servers, so there shouldn't be any problems with pictures mysteriously vanishing.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
darkgear.com said:
This thread has a lot of great info. Thanks to nekomane for compiling most of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took the words right out of my mouth. I love that thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ive already copied that all local myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dasfx

Newly Enlightened
If there are any web pages/images that need to be hosted somewhere for this, please, please, let me know.

DasFX

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello darkgear,
A lot of those lights came from you, thanks.

And thank you to all the compliments, but I never imagined that the 'chronology' would become needed in this kind of way. Some more updates are needed but I won't be doing it soon, really not in the mood..

The pdf file is great, nice work jtice, it's already copied in my hard drive.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to the several people who emailed me offering webspace. I am still putting everything together so I am not sure how everything should be done quite yet. It is good that you guys made copies of the website.

Peter

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, Just know, that within my means, There is nothing that i wouldnt do for you, Merri, and your company

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Hallis. I think the most important thing is to keep the help files working here on the CPF. The text is already hosted, it is the images that will need a good home. Several people have offered. Thanks. I just need to set aside a time slot to select a home from all your kind offers and then coordinate sending the files, etc. The images are linked to a yahoo store address. That is going to take some work to redirect to another host. A perl script could probably batch it. Keeping the yahoo store costs about $50 a month. I can't commit to any dollars right now and besides that seems a bit much for hosting maybe a hundred medium sized images. That is why I like the offers for web hosting better. The host needs to be reliable of course.

Give me a bit. The next things on my list is I need to redo my resume, do some job hunting, get a list of people who lost their lights and get that squared away, change the website to out of business configuration, etc.

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
I hope the arcflashlight.com domain can stay around, maybe for use by the Arc user community. Right now it redirects to the yahoo store. It should be pretty simple to point it somewhere else instead. Jumpdomain.com (the registrar I use) will point domains at arbitrary web sites for free, for example.

evanlocc

Enlightened
Thanks jtice for your effort which i try to capture the site but failed with too little disk space warn.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
That PDF is just neat, i didnt know Acrobat could do that. you must teach me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a little bit of nostalgia to add to the ARChives. This here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.millinship/arcvote.htm

...was a page I put together hosting a poll, when the possibility of Arc polo shirts was first offered. It was made around the design of the original Arc site to blend in seamlessly when linked to from here at the CPF. Although the sidebar buttons are unfortunately now gone, I managed to save the top and shirts image, giving a backwards glance at how it used to be in the begining.

If anyone is interested....

:

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have another addition to the ARChives, hopefully better than the last one. A collection of photographs that have been nestling in a dark recess of my F-drive since December 2001, and feature the original Arc LS, posted here at the CPF by mr Gransee. As I recall, I was using a very slow dialup way back then and the only way to see them all was to download and save them one by one, glad I kept them now. They are pretty big and slow to download so I put together the following page for convenience:

http://torchreviews.net/cpf/arc/ls-archive.htm

With a very festive feel to them, given the time of year they were taken.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Here's another photograph of my Arc-LS prototype - one that isn't on my Arc-LS prototype web page or elsewhere on my site:

lsproto9.jpg

I know, it has some markings from use - but that's what Arcs were meant for anyway, right?

Chris, excellent web page!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif Thank you for creating and posting that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit 10-07-04)
I posted the photograph here on my Arc-LS prototype page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts