Went to a gun show and became multiple ARC owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the convention centre, my friend's a promoter in town for music and thing's like boat and gun and knive show's i was there as a few dealers were setting up.
i went to see if i could get a good price on a sig 229(40 s&W) auto,early before friday business, and i ran into a dealer who had two LSH-P's and three AAA's P's. well i ended up clearing him out out of ARC's and
and walked out with My ARC's and a para' warthog 45, and a real nice used sig 229 S stanless.

I was so bummed about not having ever even seen an arc, but now i got four! i love the AAA's but to be honest, i have a few other key light's that i like as well, BUT,, the LSH-P's is definately living up to it's hype! Talk about karma! i had looked around for a +4 ,and found one in england but thay won't ship it to the US, and after reading here, a LSH-P is maybe the most reliable ARC to own. I am pretty damn happy.

Plus i really am knocked out by the warthog 45. this gun is so small but in the hour I ran ammo through it, it never jammed once, breached well, and it's size for a 10 round 45 is not much bigger then my beretta 950-BS 25, just fatter, and a bit longer. i own a couple other sig's so no worries there, but i do like this stainless my others'are black and this is pretty classy looking.

anywhoo I now know what everyone was so crazy about as far as the LSH-P. I hate knowing this light is no more....... VDG

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Went to a gun show and became multiple ARC own

Man, you are 1 lucky fella... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Good on ya, am sure you won't regret your Arc stuff purchase! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Say, fancy a trade on one of those AAA P's by any chance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
Man, you are 1 lucky fella... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Good on ya, am sure you won't regret your Arc stuff purchase! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Say, fancy a trade on one of those AAA P's by any chance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not at the moment. (sorry) i really wish we could have found a bunch of ARC's for the many that don't have even one, I really meant what i had said this morning in the group buy post at the arc forum. so many pic's of guy's with
10 or more ARC's, and if it had come off it would have been nice to let the non owner's and newbie's have a first call on them. but I didn't really see anyone respond to my post on that thread and kinda felt let down considering the goodwill usually shown here.

The LSH-Ps are going into service, in my line of work they are perfect, but i will consider giving one of mine to either my cuz in Iraq, when he return's (and he will, i worry for him) because he is giving me his ultra-G he got there, or for trade with someone that doesn't own an arc.

I am just very lucky and wish this dealer had a 100 of them. I just had really good Karma; I went from being depressed at the closing of ARC, and not owning ANY, to on whim helping my promoter friend do some setup at the show and finding a dealer that not only had the light's but two nice pistol's I wanted.(man that warthog 45, BAD mama jama) I just feel bad we couldn't help out arcless CPFers. VDG

Niteowl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:......I just had really good Karma; I went from being depressed at the closing of ARC, and not owning ANY, to on whim helping my promoter friend do some setup at the show and finding a dealer that not only had the light's but two nice pistol's I wanted.......VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!...That doesn't happen very often. Good karma indeed. Sounds like a good deed rewarded.

If you ever feel like cutting loose one of those AAA's, drop me a line. Certainly couldn't knock you for stashing them away! After all I read about them, I got on the phone with a woman at ARC a couple weeks ago trying to get an idea of what it would take to get one. Figured I'd just have to sit for a while. Oh well......I'll just have to keep my eyes open.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am a little disturbed in that this thread was moved. (not bad there's a link) I have talked about specific light's as have many, on the led BB. (currently a L4 thread, and several arc threads) could you give me concrete reason's for the move. and input from others would be appreciated.VDG

paulr

Flashaholic

Niteowl, on another thread it turns out pocketlights.com still has some AAA's left (one per customer limit), if you still want one. I thought about ordering one but I already have two. Some have red leds and I'm tempted by that, but I'd rarely use it.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought one. They had 5 left at about 2AM when i ordered.

And Greg, awesome tale, its truely a cinderella story, you must have done something good in a previous life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hang onto those Arcs. You'll hate yourself later if you sell them.

cliff

Newly Enlightened

Just snapped one up also. All they had were red ones, but that was the color I have been looking for. Already have one but needed another for "spare" and my other keyring.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wish i could con you out of your LS2 Cliff, hehe

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

bump till the mods fix this. VDG

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's up VDG? Was this thread somewhere else originally and then a mod moved it? Probably for the Arc content. We don't mind having you here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Niteowl

Enlightened

paulr,

Thanks for the heads up, I spoke with David a while ago and as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short! He told me about his BST post wich I managed to miss completely. He did say he might have a few more colored ones coming in though. White is what I'm looking for...

Thanks again, Mark

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
What's up VDG? Was this thread somewhere else originally and then a mod moved it? Probably for the Arc content. We don't mind having you here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thank you! I defintely don't mind being here! but since now you have to jump some hoop's, and there are other ARC thread's going strong in LED, i couldn't understand it! I don't think the mods did either cause they said i was put in the "cafe" and i am not! (weird huh?) if it is arc content there should be about 4-6 other threads from LED too.
BTW again so sorry for all this happening to you, I can say i will always cherish my ARC's and "carry" my arc's!
i have a feeling you would want them to be used for there intended purpose. and i do hope your path will lead you back to making lights once again!!VDG

yellow1

Newly Enlightened

sigh.. there's a gunshow tomorrow, i'll go in early, and who knows? maybe i'll get lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.