Raffle to help Peter take care who lost lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

cy

Flashaholic
Like everyone else I'm mourning the lost of ARC flashlights. However some left over business needs to be taken care of.

Lights belonging to other people were seized. Peter doesn't have the means to make things right.

I'm proposing a raffle to give Peter the means to make things right for those that lost lights. And if there is any funds left over, then allow Peter and Merri to use it to kick start a new life.

I'll start by donating an ARC LS first run and LSH-P for the raffle. If others will donate other lights. We should be able to make a nice jackpot worth buying a $5 ticket.

Sasha, please let me know how to pull this off.

Thanks,
CY

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:

Lights belonging to other people were sized. Peter doesn't have the means to make things right.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to keep this serious and professional, i just wanted to point out the typo, should be seized(is it even with a "z"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

anyways, this is cool of you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Thanks typo corrected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

are you with me on this raffle?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Thanks typo corrected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

are you with me on this raffle?

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure i can buy at least one ticket.

or do you mean "with me" by me donating a light? cause im sorry to say i only have 2 arc flashlights to my name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
1 on my keychain and 1 AA for cold weather backpacking(lithium battery installed).

i may see if my parents will give up their Arc AAA's that they have on their keychains...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
It may be best to hold off here until you hear from Sasha. There are a lot of things going on presently, and it may not even be possible for her to scan all the postings enough to even catch this one. I'd recommend sending her a PM, calling attention to it.

Gandalf

Enlightened
This is an outstanding idea. Some people *really* got burned when Arc's inventory was seized.

This is a very bad situation, let's all help make it a little better for those who took it on the chin in this unfortunate situation.

paulr

Flashaholic
Why not wait a while, to see what happens with efforts to get the stuff back from the landlord. Also remember that any cash forwarded to Peter will probably end up having to go directly to his creditors, which probably mostly means that same landlord who right now has grabbed other people's lights, as well possibly as other unsavory parties like M@G Gaglites, who I don't feel are deserving of CPF generosity, as deserving as the landlord's victims (CPF'ers who had their lights seized) might be. I think it's best to not do anything like this til we have more information.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Why not wait a while, to see what happens with efforts to get the stuff back from the landlord. Also remember that any cash forwarded to Peter will probably end up having to go directly to his creditors, which probably mostly means that same landlord who right now has grabbed other people's lights, as well possibly as other unsavory parties like M@G Gaglites, who I don't feel are deserving of CPF generosity, as deserving as the landlord's victims (CPF'ers who had their lights seized) might be. I think it's best to not do anything like this til we have more information.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone with a good long-standing and trustworthy reputation here on CPF could hold the money until "the smoke has cleared" for Peter.........

i say strike while the irons hot(everyone is in mourning and in a giving mood right now)....worry about the details later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will pledge my purchase of $50 in tickets right now for when the raffle starts.

Edit: Can we get Sasha to put a sticky on this or at least reference it in the Raffle/Auction section? All i have that i could donate would be a twistie 2xAA pack. if that would help any.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
please see:

Click Here

however this deal ends up, 50% is going into it. and if this raffle doesn't go through, the 50% will just have to go to CPF.

Link shortened to stop scrolling - Empath

Greta

Flashaholic
I apologize to everyone and Peter but at this time, I would ask that you all hold off on a raffle. There is time. And I agree that Peter needs to try to resolve this with those who have your property on his own for now. I'm sure Peter will make things right with you all... in time.

Please just hold off for now on any fundraising efforts. CPF (*I*) will put something together shortly... but right now is not the time... for many reasons. Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding... and your support of Peter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's good to know that it hopefully WILL happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif hard part is being patient. *chomping at the bit*

thank you Sasha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
I apologize to everyone and Peter but at this time, I would ask that you all hold off on a raffle. There is time. And I agree that Peter needs to try to resolve this with those who have your property on his own for now. I'm sure Peter will make things right with you all... in time.

Please just hold off for now on any fundraising efforts. CPF (*I*) will put something together shortly... but right now is not the time... for many reasons. Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding... and your support of Peter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

okay sasha. but i still, and this is not meant to go behind your back or disregard your post, im still going to go through with my intentions of the 50% of my items of going to "a good cause". just let me know and i'll send it to the CPF support to maybe be held for "unofficial" safe keeping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif or something like that. whatever is appropriate.

.......or i guess i can just hold onto it, i just sometimes forget about money in my paypal account /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i only say the above cause i've now promised 50% and so now it has to go somewhere...... even if not for the original purpose of this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol i doubt Sasha wants to be playing the part of money holder, Just keep the funds in your paypal, And when the time comes either Cy or Sasha, or even myself will remind you if you need it. But im sure you'll remember just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
lol i doubt Sasha wants to be playing the part of money holder, Just keep the funds in your paypal, And when the time comes either Cy or Sasha, or even myself will remind you if you need it. But im sure you'll remember just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! yeah you're probably right, just some playful humor i guess. im not really worried about me spending that 50%, just worried about forgetting about it all together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

indenial

Enlightened
Yeah, I think we should wait at least until after he files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I admit I thought this was inevitable, but the reality is quite sad for all concerned. I think Peter is a lucky man for having such loyal friends as all of you.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks CY for offering to put this together. CY and I talked earlier tonight and I really think he just wants to help the CPF.

If there is a raffle, I first want to get a complete list of all the people who lost a light. I think the number will be under a dozen. Most will probably accept a refund. We can take care of some of that using the last of the business funds.

Some will have lost hard to replace lights. There may be little we can do in those few cases. Someone may donate a light to them. The only other possible solution is to wait and see if the lights show up in a public auction when the bank grabs the stuff. I don't think legal action against the landlord will be a good route to take.

So like I said in the other thread, lets find out who lost what and what they would like in return for it first.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.