Arc LSH questions...

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Well, in lieu of everything going on I just splurged on an LSH. The pic from pocketlights.com shows it with the "clicky" switch (the big rubber bulb thingamajig). I assume that's what people mean when they call it a clicky, right? I've seen some LS's with the twisty switch, too. Is one better than the other? Can you get the twisty separate anywhere or is the clicky a step up (or is the pic on the site showing one thing and I'll receive another thing?). Also, anyone know where I can get the 2AA pack?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
In many peoples opinion the twisty is better because it makes the LSH the smallest it can be and is more reliable than the clikie (kroll switch). With a twisty you can also stand it on it's tail (because a twisty is flat and the clickie is not) to light up a room if need be. I like both, but generally carry the twisty because of size. It's also nice to know there isn't anything mechanical that could fail on the twisty like on the kroll. But let me say this, I have never had a kroll switch fail on me (yet), though others have.

There are two styles of twisty, one fat and one skinny. The fat one was for the older LSH and the skinny one is for the newer LSH. I have both for my newer LSH's. I also have the 2AA tail pack.

Just post what you want over at B/S/T---Lights or Non-Lights and you'll get offers I'm sure.

Mike

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Great info! Thanks! Is there a problem with compatibility of anything, or can I be safe in buying a twisty or 2AA pack and not have to worry about thread dimensions, etc?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be ok, don't quote me as I am no Arc expert but the thread dimensions and everything should be fine.

If it's a newer LSH (which it probably is), just let people know if you want the fat or skinny 123 twisty (get the skinny). My fat twisty only works with my LSL-P, but not my LSH-P. The skinny twisty works fine for both and is the proper one for the newer LSH's. The term "skinny" means that the twisty is the same diamter as the body of the light. The "fat" one is slighty larger in diameter. The 2AA tailpack should be fine.

You can get replacement kroll switches from the sandwich shoppe for $4.50 each plus shipping.

Mike