Flik it

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the LS:1, and it's a pretty decent light, though it's more a novelty item or a art piece than it is a tool I'd use day-in and day-out. I haven't tried the 3W version, though if the optics are anything like the 1W, it'll have a small spot and almost no spill and mediocre throw.

But it was my first Luxeon light, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Stays by the desk, it does... though it's hell to polish back to its original color.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also a review on the torchreviews.net site as well, though that's the 1W version which was released last year. As I said, it's a neat concept (like the Orb's neat) but the throw isn't really there, nor is the spill. It's a great light for spotlighting things, however. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally, I kinda like the Orb's concept more than the Flik, right now - the whole modularity aspect's something that appeals to me, and the Ti body you can get for one of those sounds neat if not necessarily useful. But the Flik's still got a home on my desk as a 'just in case' light, and I always make sure to keep it with a set of batteries in the barrel.

It's just my Quantum III is the current EDC, due to its smaller size and better spill. It will probably get a companion light and be relegated to 'close in/backup' light status in a week or two though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif