How do you disable AVG? ? ? ????

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
which part? what u could start off with is rt clicking on the icon in the task tray... and going to "run control center".

start unchecking all of the boxes on each tab that corresponds to what you want to turn off, then click "ok"

or.. are you trying to stop the program from running in the background? i'm not sure what it is you're looking for....

TheBeam

Enlightened
Re: How do you disable AVG? ? ? ?

Yep, I want to stop it from running in the background.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to know how to *enable* it. I downloaded the free version and registered, but never got my license key, and when I email tech support about this, I get an automated response saying I have the free version and therefore am not entitled to tech support. Lame.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

At least here in Win98SE land, running the free AVG6.0, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and End Task the following:

* Avgcc32
* Avgserv9

The former is the Control Center, which is probably better to stop by right-clicking its systray icon and picking "Shutdown AVG Control Center". The latter is the resident protection. That should kill it while you do whatever you need. Switch it back on by rebooting or starting it from the program shortcut in the Start Menu.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fluorescent

Enlightened

START
RUN
msconfig ( enter )
startup tab

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
I'd like to know how to *enable* it. I downloaded the free version and registered, but never got my license key, and when I email tech support about this, I get an automated response saying I have the free version and therefore am not entitled to tech support. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-register. Try a different e-mail address. When they e-mail you your code SAVE IT. Save AVG(the program) to your hard drive also, if you re-install AVG, you wont have to e-mail them again.