205 mph on a U.S. highway. Riding a motorcycle.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
He should have gotten a ticket, his bike impounded, license suspended and then went to jail for that speed. Here in Florida the cop can take you to jail if you are 2x the speed limit.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Only one word comes to my mind when I read this story, Fool.

LightChucker

Enlightened
I would have no problem with people that do this sort of thing if they were the only ones that were at risk of losing their lives. The thing that makes it criminal (man slaughter) is that innocent people can be killed or maimed. Through no fault of their own, innocent people, and their families, are made to suffer the rest of their lives for immature foolishness like this.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif

Chuck

Gandalf

Enlightened
My brother works on motorcycles for a living, and he stated that the bike this fool was 'riding' (err...flying, maybe) had a top end of 150 to 160(MAX).

The cop got the speed wrong due to his poor reaction time using a stopwatch.

That doesn't make what this idiot did *right* by any stretch of the imagination, but by the laws of mechanics and physics governing the motorcycle he was riding, he simply wasn't able to be travelling at 205 MPH!

The same cop probably clocked somebody in a motorized wheelchair doing 45 MPH in a 30 MPH zone.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I didn't click the link.

There are SOME bikes that can do the high 100's and perhaps 205 with a tailwind.

I've been 150 and change a few times in the past.

If he did it somewhere stupid, it's a darn shame he lives. I pretty much could only have killed myself when I did that sort of thing.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
205 on a street bike is VERY doubtful!

A good lawyer will have a heydey with that, because there will be all kinds of published data that says it cant go that fast! That will call into doubt the LEO's calculation ability.

Still stupid, stupid, stupid!! Oops, I did stuff like that once when I was young and dumb!

Bill

Bill

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
well reckless driving is 4 points and that will raise his inshurance a great deal.
I belive there are "legal" ways to go that speed at say a drag strip or private race track.
The fastest I have ever been was about 109 and that was with an empty highway, I slowed down when overtaking cars. I can't even imagine going that fast with out wings attached to the vehical!
I also just heard this story mentioned on NPR not more then 5 min ago.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Suzuki's GSX1300R Hayabusa 155 rear wheel hp 189 mph

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/reviews/review40.htm

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa-worlds fastest production motor cycle-not

2003 Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K Turbine Superbike

320 hp turbine engine(286 rear wheel hp)-425 foot pounds of torque 260 mph top speed

I read a while ago that mtt was going to raise the hp to 420 hp.

http://www.marineturbine.com/press/miami/06062002.pdf

Jay Leno owns one

he says even if you are allready going 120 mph when you open up the throttle it is like the hand of god is pushing you-insane fast 180,000 bucks.

does the quarter mile in 9.8 seconds.
0 to 200 mph in 15 seconds.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: 205 mph on a U.S. highway. Riding a motorcycle

Actions like his deserve a trophy. For sheer stupidity.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a horse's ***. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately, he is not eligible for a Darwin Award.

Oh well sooner or later I'm sure he'll get his chance to re-enter the competition. Wait for it then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My HOG rarely goes over 55. Anything over 65 is insanity - consider a small rock on the roadway...

popsgee

Newly Enlightened

Imagine what would happen to a human body bouncing around on the highway at 200 MPH. Road Kill

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

you must get passed by about every car that is on the highway when you ride your hog.

naromtap

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
popsgee said:
Imagine what would happen to a human body bouncing around on the highway at 200 MPH. Road Kill

[/ QUOTE ]

...you know even without hitting anything, on a public road, without the grassed run off area of a race track, your clothing & flesh wears down to bone ultra quick, beleive me I know, I have the scars to show....oh yeah & I was only doing 70mph!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a friend who went down at a little over 100. He decided to down shift to slow down when he came upon some cars. The rear wheel locked up, and he went down immediately. Fortunately, he managed to limp away but with plenty of scrapes and bruises.

I sold my bike not long after that, and after some close calls with some of the idiots that drive cars.