• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart Disaster

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE 9-29-04:

Machine shop report -

Only the specific (but very complex) cuts in the head, as well as the radiusing of the bezel to hold the lens o-ring, need to be done now. Then most will go off to the anodizers and then laser etchers, while some will be sent straight to me for the Fast Track build up. Here's a pic of a set of Actual Pieces so far, as sent to me by the CNC shop just this morning:

Fast%20Track.jpg

As you can see there is no channeled hole yet milled into the head/control-module component for the switch, and it next goes into the CNC milling machine for that. Also note the slightly raised rim around the bottom of the battery tube. On anodized versions this is where the logo will be etched so that the rim protects it from scuffing, etc., such as when set on end during candlemode - "We will degrade no LionHeart logo before its time!"

Thanks.

Haw! Made ya look!

Just kidding, everything's fine. In fact I was on the phone yesterday with the machinist and on the HA3 finishes the LionHeart logo will be in a round Recess just .01" deep on the bottom of the tail end so as not to risk it getting scratched when using the light in candle mode (the logo shall live forever!).

Around one side of the bezel will be the words, "Made In U.S.A." and on the opposite side will be the serial number.

BUT - there is a slight dilemma I have run into - as some of you might have read on one of the LH threads, I just received yet another bunch of Luxeon emitters Bin Coded TX1J. Very nice bin, fluorescent white in color, and the "J" Vf rating is the lowest I'd go for the way the LionHeart is to be driven.

However, if you'll notice I said Luxeon emitters. That's Emitters. And the LionHeart uses the Star, not the bare emitter. Sheesh, this means I have several hundred emitters that, although I am NOT selling (so please do NOT contact me about buying any), I am willing to TRADE them for similarly-binned stars.

Please kindly refrain from offering onesey-twosey transactions as these are intact reels of 100 Luxeon IIIs each, still factory sealed with the Bin Code labels clearly visible, and I would prefer the minimum trade to be one reel for a like number of stars.

Now for the non-modders who are reading this simply because they have preordered a LionHeart and panicked at seeing the title(!), do not despair, I already have enough stars to fulfill All orders. But as typical for me, I'm just prepping for the future - and the future is stars.

At least for what I have in mind... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow ya scared meeeee lol,stars seems like better way to go seem like they will displace heat better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Matt_USAF

Newly Enlightened
What an attention step! After the news about Arc light going under, I saw this and said, " what's next!"

I am getting pretty excited about this Lion Heart!!!

Matt

X33

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hee hee hee haw haw haw hoo hoo hooooooooooooo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Reno

Enlightened
GOL (gasps out loud)!!!

*Phew*
Heart rate returns to normal...
Back to waiting in (relative) peace.

So everythings still on schedule, more or less?

Cones

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Mark

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif when I saw the title..

No stars to trade, but good one MrBulk! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
catman10 said:
You owe me a pair of underwear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Guffaw!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
you just like seeing your name up in lights(so to speak) and I can't really blame you as you have become a celebrity of sorts. I have become spoiled with my MB lights, and have a hard time getting excited about other lights.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that means they won't let you send them back and they ship you the CORRECT order? Seeing as how you didnt get what you ordered in the first place.