Need Answer To A Technical PC Question

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've finally dumped Earthlink due to technical problems which they couldn't resolve and got Access4Less (much better IMHO).

I noticed that all of my favorites are still intact. If I remove all of the Earthlink software from my PC, will I be able to keep the favorites as-is?

I'm not sure if the favorites are part of XP. IE or the ISP software.

Anybody have an answer for me?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya should be fine if ya surf with internet exployer or other browsers

fluorescent

Enlightened
if you want to be safe, backup your favorites. It is just a folder. To find it, go to START then FIND and type favorites in the search box. You should be able to find the folder. Just copy it and save it somewhere else - like c:\ after you uninstall Earthstink just make sure your favorites are intact. If not, just copy the saved folder back to the original spot.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kubolaw

Enlightened
I seem to recall that Earthlink used to give you a sort of customized version of IE that was set to dial their access numbers. But in any case, if IE is still seeing all your favorites and you're dialing up Access4Less, you should be golden. If you want to be really safe, you can export your favorites (File -> Import and Export ... -> Export Favorites) and save a copy of the file someplace safe. If, after deleting all your Earthlink residue you find that your favorites are gone, just import them from the saved file.

John