Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Energizer Folding LED

Flashaholic*

Default Energizer Folding LED

I had a question about the run time of this light. I swear the one I bought a few years ago at walmart was 50 hours on low or the single led setting and 100 hours on high or both leds. It seems the newer ones are 100 and 200 hours. Did they charge it? Is it brighter, dimmer or did they just realise that usable light was being produced so the initial ratings were wrong? I have one and used it during hurricane isabell last year. I used the low setting for 2 nights as a night light. It worked fine. In total darkness I could not see much of an improvement running it on high or both leds, so I settled on low or the single led setting.

Default Re: Energizer Folding LED

[ QUOTE ]
    cobb said:
    I had a question about the run time of this light. I swear the one I bought a few years ago at walmart was 50 hours on low or the single led setting and 100 hours on high or both leds. It seems the newer ones are 100 and 200 hours. Did they charge it? Is it brighter, dimmer or did they just realise that usable light was being produced so the initial ratings were wrong? I have one and used it during hurricane isabell last year. I used the low setting for 2 nights as a night light. It worked fine. In total darkness I could not see much of an improvement running it on high or both leds, so I settled on low or the single led setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you mean 100 hours on low and 50 hours on high per those original specs.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in any case im curious to know as well cause i've done bought 3 now. best $3.45 i've ever spent!

i think what may have changed on the specs is that people were saying that there is a version that is like ours which switches between 1 and 2 leds. then i believe there is a version with runs both leds in both levels but it's just dimmer for level 1.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Energizer Folding LED

Opps, sorry 2 am here, can not sleep.