Kensington LED Flylight

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I wanted to pick up one of Kensington's USB Flylights for my desktop computer to provide a little illumination at night. They make 3 models basically. One has a single red LED with no switch, another has a single white LED with no switch, and the third has a bank of 8 white LEDs and a dimmer switch. I was wondering if anyone has used any of these lights and has any recommendations or advice about them. My initial feeling is to get the one with the dimmer, but I'm wondering just how bright that sucker actually is. ??? Here's Kensington's webpage with the Flylight 2.0:
http://www.kensington.com/html/5159.html

Thanks............

Lightmeup

Enlightened
That was a good deal, where did you buy it? I assume it has one white LED? How is the color and brightness? If you weren't reading a document with it, would there be any problem using it to throw some light onto the keyboard at night?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was loaned a Kensington Flylight with a red LED for evaluation purposes. I found it quite nice, but didn't particularly care for the red color (subjective opinion, did not figure into my rating).
My evaluation of it is right here if you're interested.

watt4

Enlightened
I got it at either officemax or officedepot. I leave it plugged into my desktop pc, just for grins.

one white led. would light up a keyboard with no problem. the long flex neck is nice, and works well.

thought I'd try a side-by-side pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

infinity-clip1.gif

McShawn

Enlightened
I have one of the early usb lights and it is nice, but it has no attachment point for the top of the lcd screen. It is on a flexible stalk and works ok, until I move a little and it slowly slides down. Its too flexible and it has more of a spot light than flood, which I would find more useful for this application. So test these out first for your prefered usage.

Latest posts