Table/Mitre Saw Combo's?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Table/Mitre Saw Combo\'s?

Does anybody know of any table/mitre saw combo's? Does such a thing exist, and if so, who makes them?

TIA.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Table/Mitre Saw Combo\'s?

The miter gauge that is supplied with almost all table saws will let you do a lot of what a miter saw does. A radial arm saw will let you do most of the tasks of the table and miter saws (and more). No combination tool will do the individual tasks as well as dedicated tools. No matter what you wind up with, don't try to economize with the blades. A good blade will make a marginal saw perform much better. Also, in power tools, more than anything else, the adage "you get what you pay for" is good to remember.

popsgee

Newly Enlightened

I totally agree. A good carbide tooth blade makes a big difference.

dtrego

Newly Enlightened

Closest thing I can think of (other than a radial arm saw) would be the Sawsmith 2000, made by Shopsmith. It's no longer in production, but it was a table saw with an elongated slot for the saw blade. You could use it like a regular table saw (ie, push the material through the blade), or as kind of an upside down radial arm saw (hold the material steady and pull the blade through the material). A brief bit of info is available here.

- Dwayne

ferreter

Newly Enlightened

I know that here in Australia the we do have a table saw sytem that can also be used as a crosscut/mitre saw.

It's called a Triton Workcentre. Absolutely fantastic system, it fits nearly all circular saws available in Australia and allows you to do nearly anything you can do with a table saw or a mitre saw and more!

I know cause i've got one and I sell them (I work in a hardware store)

I don't know if it's available in the states but here's the Australian Triton Website .

Edited to add: Just found the US Triton site Here.

Ferreter

Latest posts