Angryfox        

Thread: Trade Arc 4+ for LSH ,AAA and AA ARC or keep?

Flashaholic*

Default Trade Arc 4+ for LSH ,AAA and AA ARC or keep?

I just picked up the Arc 4 but really want a AA and a AAA...

ya think it would be a good trade? I would like an LSH with a two stage switch. How would the run time differ between the 2 setups (with comparable levels)? I really can only see needing 2 stages of brightness and I could get a AA body for it too.

am I off my rocker for thinking this?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Trade Arc 4+ for LSH ,AAA and AA ARC or keep?

Not sure this would really be a fair trade for the LS, AAA, and AA. That's a pretty steep trade (3 lights for 1), plus many people now are keeping thier ARCs for nostalgia and EDC use.

Who knows, someone may have extras and would want to trade...

Flashaholic*

Maybe just the LSH and an AAA or AA.

but I really wanted a AAA and AA for EDC in addition to the ARC 4 ,but I cant get ahold of one for a decent price

I don't think you should consider this question in terms of functionality or features. If you like the Arc4+, hold onto it. If you like the LSH better, do the trade.

I do think the Arc4+ will have better runtime at comparable output than an LSH (especially LSH-S), because among other things it uses newer and more efficient LED's.

The Arc4+'s 16 levels are only an issue when you're initially programming it. After that, you don't really have to care about them. You're left with 3 or 4 levels (primary, secondary, ultra-dim, and momentary full power which might be the same as primary), which is useful. However, some people aren't crazy about the multi-click operation or the feel of the pushbutton.

HDS will supposedly soon come out with a light that can be considered an Arc4+ successor, so you might check it out if you want that kind of light. Personally I think this type of design is overkill in a 1 cell light and would be better used in a 2 cell, 5 watt light, or even a bigger light with multiple leds.

Personally, I think if you want a 2-level light and aren't after miniaturization, your best bet right now is an Aleph.

SKYWLKR I could probably assist you with the AAA, problem is logisitcs and my location.

See my comments here

Comments

IT more depends on what you want ultimately, I love my Arc4+, but i also have an LSH-P, AA, and AAA-P. Im not going to EDC any of them now though. If you could find somebody that wants to trade and its mutually beneficial then go for it. What's the serial # of your 4+?

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    SKYWLKR said:
    Maybe just the LSH and an AAA or AA.

but I really wanted a AAA and AA for EDC in addition to the ARC 4 ,but I cant get ahold of one for a decent price

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the 'market' will calm down pretty soon...

Flashaholic*

Well cool, Streak PM me I think we could work somthing out world wide shipping is $9.95 for us I dont know how much you can get eh fedex shipping for. PM me.

Get em all.